This is the Serpent S411 ERYX 3.0 1/10 4WD Electric Touring Car Kit. The Serpent ERYX 3.0 is the next big development for the 411 platform. Featuring an ultra low center of gravity, optimized weight distribution, high performance geometry and top quality materials throughout, the ERYX gives you the tools you need to make it to the winnerís circle.
ERYX 3.0 Updates:
- 2mm coated and laser engraved 7075 T6 aluminum chassis; dark grey anodised with ERYX 3.0 logo, lowered machined sides for optimal flex and lower CG, fully symmetrical for even flex
- Lighter upper and lower bearing blocks, front and rear indentical
- Redesigned lower CG 7075 T6 motormount, centraly mounted
- Seperate bushing to support the top-plate, to influence flex as needed
- Lightweight aluminum spool with blades
- Play free steering assembly with pressed in bearings
- V2 type hard composite all around: wishbones, uprights, caster blocks
- V2 hard composite wishbones with one central hole for shock mounting
- Rear anti-roll bar mounted in front of rear arm
- Anti-roll bar centering in lighter composite
- Tapered composite anti-roll bar holders, to have superb fit with any wire diameter
- Front double joint cardan shaft v2 with clips
- Brackets standard: 3.5/ 0.5 split blocks in the rear, 2.0/ 0.5 in the front
- Updated shock o-ring material
- Lightweight anodised aluminum camber links
- Lightweight anodised aluminum track rods
- Lighter composite anti-roll bar centering front and rear
- ERYX 3.0 set-up sheet
In Depth Features:
- Ball-bearings: High-quality lightweight bearings with orange seals throughout, making the drive train very efficient and allow it to run very smoothly.
- Bumper: The front bumper has been made from a high impact absorbing foam material and is shaped to protect the entire front end of the car in the event of a crash. The bumper is held in place with a large top-plate.
- Steering assembly: The Serpent ERYX utilizes a centrally mounted ball raced dual pivot aluminum steering rack. Offset steering linkage for correct steering geometry and ackermann. The ackermann is adjustable by using shims. The system now pivots on lower steering-shafts, creating a more direct steering feel. The bearing in the levers are pressed inside for a play-free assembly.
- Unique servo-holder: The servo holder has zero influence on tweak, as its floating above the chassis and mounted directly to the steering-assembly in the center of the car. This also keeps the weight lower than any other design.
- Suspension brackets: For adjusting the cars toe-in and track-width, the ERYX is equipped with separately mounted suspension brackets on both the front and rear of the car. Each bracket features an easily recognizable number that corresponds to the setting being used and due to the way they are mounted allows the user to easily and accurately adjust their cars settings. The brackets are designed in such a way that they can be used in any position in the car. The inner brackets FR and RR are now split type, to allow for more flex. The split suspension blocks are mirror type, so you can use them either left or right and obtain a different desired setting. This way less different blocks are needed for a good variety of settings.
- DJC / CVD's spring-steel: Includes a complete set of 4 high quality hard coated spring-steel CVD shafts, which are a highly consistent, efficient and durable way to transfer all the power the surface. The front ones are v2 type double joint cardans DJC, the rear are regular CVD style shafts.
- Chassis plate: The very narrow chassis plate has been machined from 2mm 7075 6 aluminum, lowered sides to lower the center of gravity and mount the electronics lower. All holes in the base of the chassis have been countersunk. The chassis further features extra holes to mount weights and additional stiffeners. All holes are as close to the center line of the chassis, to create even flex.
- Battery-stays: The battery pack is kept in place by 2 mounts on the center line of the car, and 2 special nylon mounts with slits to mount the glass-tape. The mounts can be reverted to move the battery more forward or backwards. Below these these the carbon Lipo battery holders are mounted.
- Belts-drivetrain: The ERYX features a 2-belt configuration with a long front and a short rear Kevlar reinforced low friction belt, combied with precision molded gears for a super smooth and free drive train.
- Lower Shock Towers: The Serpent ERYX features lowered shock towers 2.5mm thick carbon fiber shock towers on the front and rear of the car. The upper shock-mount height is now 5.7mm lower than in the ERYX-TE. Each tower sports many holes for adjustment of the shock absorber angle while the rear tower also acts as the mount for the rear body posts and the front tower accommodates a 3rd front body post.
- Spool: The car comes supplied with a front spool which has been made from hard anodized aluminum and are used with blades to increase lifespan. The shape has been optimized to ensure that the part is as light as possible without compromising strength.
- Anti-roll bars: The ERYX is supplied with coded anti-roll bars front and rear with a composite centering bracket. The anti-roll bars are available in a number of thicknesses and are connected to the wishbones using short adjustable track rods, connected with a pivot ball to the lower front wishbone, and with a ball directly to the rear lower wishbone. The anti-roll bars run in small tapered nylon inserts, and the anti-roll bar is centered through one captured center bushing.
- Harder front C-hub: A standard system on most high-end touring cars, the ERYX features a front C-hub system in Hard composite. The car comes standard with a 4-degree caster block but is also supplied with a pair of 2 and 6-degree blocks. The C-hub is large enough to take out the drive-shaft assembly without dis-assembling the c-hubs.
- Front suspension: Similar to the rear suspension in configuration, the front suspension features a lower composite wishbone while the upper camber adjustment is handled using an aluminum track rod which is solid, lightweight and can easily handle impacts.
- Rear section with improved harder arms: The rear end of the ERYX features stronger Hard lower wishbones. The lower wishbones can be used on both the left and right sides, minimizing the number of spare parts needed to bring to the track. The rear Hard upright features a pivot pin mounting point on the bottom and 2 upper camber link mounting holes for fine-tuning camber rise.
- Identical: The front and rear end of the Serpent ERYX are fully identical and been designed for high performance and ease of maintenance. The rear bearing blocks have been designed in 2 pieces which allows the topside to be simply removed with 4 screws, giving you easy access to the differential for maintenance or adjustment. All the parts have been machined from aluminum and are anodized in gun metal grey.
- Central section: The machined aluminum motor bracket is super light and suits both stock and mod gearing well. The motor mount and middle shaft holder assembly with 2 longer legs connect to a separate small aluminum bracket. The small front aluminum bracket, can be fitted with an aluminum bushing with long screw to connect to the top-deck. It can also be removed to create extra flex. The separate machined brackets hold the light aluminum middle shaft/ 19T pulley.
- V2 Composite Gear differential with composite gears and X-axle: The ERYX comes supplied with a lightweight and smooth rear gear-differential. This super small differential can handle all the power of BL motors. Gear-diff can also be used on the front. The V2 has composite internal gears and 3.5mm x-shape shaft and features coated aluminum outdrives. The metal gears can also still be used or mixed with composite. (The ball-diff is optional).
- Super Short RCM Shocks: The super-short Serpent on road shock absorbers lower the center of gravity even further. They come with threaded hard coated shock-bodies, pre-load shock nuts with o-ring, softer membranes, super smooth and strong shock-rods with nut to hold the piston, perfectly molded pistons (1, 2, 3 and 4 holes in kit), top level o-ring/bushing package, light spring-cups, strong ball joints. The volume of the SS shocks remain same as the earlier short shocks, and the key advantage is that you can continue using the normal size springs as before. High quality race-springs included with color coding, ground flat for even load.
Wheel base: 254mm +/- 4mm
Track-width front: 190mm /- 6mm
Track-width rear: 190mm /- 6mm
Needed To Complete:
- 2-Channel radio system
- Electronic Speed Control
- 540 Motor
- Steering servo
- Battery pack
- Compatible battery charger
- Touring car tires
- 190mm touring car body
- Polycarbonate paint for body