ARC is proud to introduce the next evolution of the R10, the R10 2013. ARC tested various prototype concepts in a variety of conditions and events, including TITC 2013 and the ROAR Indoor Nationals. The overall goal was to improve chassis flex, lower the center of gravity and reduce weight, without sacrificing the strength and durability the R10 is known for. ARC team drivers came out in full force, with major wins in the Super Stock and Modified classes at the 2013 ROAR Indoor Nationals, proving the R10 2013 has what it takes to stand toe to toe with the best in the world.
R10 2013 Features:
- Floating Servo Mount: The V2 floating servo mount is now standard on the R10 2013, this allows the servo to be suspended off the chassis and mounted to the centerline, using 3 screws that helps prevent the servo float associated with other designs. The top plate is keyed to the mount for a solid fit.
- Light Bulkhead: The main bulkheads are symmetrical front and rear, and have been further milled to reduce weight, without sacrificing strength. This part has been designed to aid in flex along the entire length of the chassis.
- Motor Bulkhead: The motor mount while retaining the same dimensions has had the profile lowered and further milled to reduce weight. It also incorporates an additional hole for the motor screws, this allows full access to the motor screws while running large pinions required in higher turn spec classes.
- Optional Flex Motor Bulkhead: Available as an option (not included), is a motor and layshaft bulkhead set that isolates the layshaft from the top deck called the FLEX Motor Bulkhead (ARCR109022). It gives the car even more flex in the rear end, increasing rear bite. It uses a smaller ball bearing supporting the spur shaft which also helps to lower the CG.
- Low Profile Big Bore Short Shock: The bore has been increased to 11.2mm to maintain a similar volume of shock oil as the previous 10mm shocks. The R10 2013 Low Profile shocks are shorter than the previous shocks as well. The front shocks feature a 57.5mm length (8.5mm shorter), while the rears are 59mm (7mm shorter), helping to lower the CG without any negative handling effects. The shock caps and bladders have been redesigned to allow easier, more consistent build and rebound settings, and all the plastic parts have been redesigned as well.
- Short Shock Springs: Designed to compliment the Low Profile shocks, the R10 shock set features five spring rates from 0.22G to 0.30G, in .02 increments to allow fine tuning of your cars handling. Yellow front and Green rear included.
- Low Profile Shock Towers: To accommodate the Low Profile shocks, the shock towers have been lowered by 7mm. This not only significantly lowers the CG, but also allows the use of low profile body shells allowed in some race series' around the world.
- 2.25mm Carbon Fiber Main Chassis: The 2.25mm chassis has been reduced by .25mm to help reduce weight and promote additional flex. The shape of the chassis has been developed to promote stability and increase steering to allow more corner speed. The battery tape slots have been added to the center line of the chassis across the middle of the battery pack. Using these mounting points allows the chassis to flex independently from the battery, much in the same way as the floating servo mount helps to promote consistent handling and overall increased grip. The adjustable battery hooks from the R10 have been used to prevent the battery from moving in case of an accident. Testing has shown a reduction in lap times when compared with the standard R10 chassis.
Needed To Complete:
- 2-Channel radio system
- Electronic Speed Control
- 540 Motor
- Steering servo
- Battery pack
- Compatible battery charger
- Touring car tires & wheels
- 190mm touring car body
- Polycarbonate paint for body