This is the XRAY NT1 2012 Spec Luxury 1/10th Nitro Competition Touring Car. At the heart of XRAY’s philosophy is a firm commitment to perfection when it comes to engineering, design, performance and support, all made possible by state-of-the-art in house manufacturing. The NT1 is synonymous with the absolute perfection that is XRAY: a platform that has been capturing trophies at tracks all around the world, and also capturing the hearts and minds of customers who demand nothing less than excellence.
Multiple winner of "Car of the Year" awards and dominating winner of all major titles – including World Champion, European Champion, USA Champion, Asian Champion and dozens of National champion titles all around the world – proves the NT1’s unbeatable pedigree. XRAY now brings forth the 2012 edition of the NT1.
“The NT1 platform has been successfully raced for several years now, and in 2011 it proved once again that it still works perfectly. It's the car to beat and there is nothing about the geometry that needs to be changed. This statement can be backed up at nearly all races across the world as the team continues its domination at most races during the seasons.
For the XRAY R&D team it has been a very demanding task to improve on the already almost perfect NT1. We have thoroughly analyzed all feedback and reports from the team and customers. The 2012 spec of the NT1 has improved and lowered CG featuring an all-new lowered chassis in the engine area and a redesigned radio plate. The new chassis and radio plate were redesigned to provide an even lower CG, improved steering and flex to improve traction. Enjoy the 2012 NT1 and best of luck in the 2012 season.” Martin Hudy, XRAY NT1 Project Designer
- Prestige, Elegance, Luxury: The NT1 is a sophisticated, professional, high-competition nitro touring car and as such the entire design concept and materials used are fully race-oriented. The NT1 is the world’s easiest touring car to work on, and features easy access to all drivetrain parts allowing super-quick rebuilds and set-up changes.
- Lowest CG Platform: Thanks to the very intelligent design concept and engineering, all parts are positioned ultra-low to create the lowest-possible CG resulting in super-stable and precise handling.
- Revolutionary Chassis Flex Adjustment: XRAY is always at the forefront for bringing new and innovative engineering ideas and solutions to the RC industry, raising the bar and quickly becoming the market standard for others to follow. XRAY’s innovative Multi-Flex Technology™ (MFT™) was originally designed for 1/10 electric touring cars, and has resulted in some of the most significant milestones in touring car development in the past few years. This innovation not only received numerous awards and honors, but it has proven to be a distinct competitive advantage at racetracks worldwide... helping XRAY dominate races at local and national levels. Now XRAY does it again! XRAY’s MFT™ revolutionizes the nitro touring car platform. With the optional Multi-Flex™ 1-piece engine mounting system you can set up and adjust the stiffness of the NT1 chassis for various racing conditions or to fit different driving styles.
- XRAY Multi-Flex Chassis Adjustment: The standard 2-piece engine mount was designed and tested to allow the right amount of chassis flex to suit most driving styles and racing conditions. For specific racing conditions or driving styles, the middle of the chassis can be additionally reinforced by installing the optional MFT™ 1 piece engine mount which features reinforcing legs both front and rear, reinforcing the chassis and stiffening the flex. The MFT 1-piece engine mount can be also mounted using graphite braces to the rear bulkheads and/or to the front holders next to the battery packs, creating a very solid and stiff platform.
- Premium & Exclusive Materials: The NT1 is luxury model racing car and as such features only the most premium materials: premium woven graphite — exclusive top-secret HUDY Spring Steel™ — high grade Swiss 7075 T6 — high-tensile heat-treated steel and aircraft aluminum — and XRAY’s self-developed and formulated composite compounds. All is premium and unique on the NT1.
- Swiss 7075 T6 Aluminum Chassis: The lightweight chassis is CNC-machined from premium Swiss 7075 T6 aluminum and is strategically machined in low-stress areas to make it as light as possible without affecting strength or rigidity. All screw holes on the bottom of the chassis are countersunk, allowing for a very smooth chassis underside with no protruding screw heads. The area under the engine features air-flow cut-outs to allow extra airflow to cool the engine.
- Radio Plate & Electronics: The radio plate is machined from 2.5mm graphite material and the design allows easy removal of the entire radio plate (with all electronics) for easy and comfortable servicing and cleaning.
- Unique Radio Box with Crystal Quick-Exchange System: Unique compact ligthweight radio case features a clean design and layout. The radio case is attached to the side of the radio plate and will fit any standard-size receiver and optional switch with water resistant rubber cover. The radio case features the smart Quick-Exchange port for quick & easy crystal exchange without needing to open the case. The Quick-Exchange port is protected and sealed with a rubber cover and when using silicone on the sides of the radio case, a complete water-resistant box is created.
- Robust Fuel Tank: The 75cc fuel tank with hypertonic tank lid and internal stone-type filter is positioned in the center of the car, and features a unique low-profile design to allow the fuel tank to sit as low as possible. The fuel tank is mounted with rubber grommets to reduce vibration. The fuel tank is molded from a special composite mixture which guarantees it to be extremely strong and robust. The fuel tank is glued together using a special self-developed robotic system that ensures maximum accuracy and precision in pre-heating and gluing.
- Lower Fuel Tank Position: The 5-cell receiver battery pack is located beneath the fuel tank to allow the lowest CG. An optional micro-size receiver battery pack allows the fuel tank to be lowered by another 3mm, creating an ultra-low nitro touring platform.
- Super-Lightweight Bulkheads: The super-lightweight bulkheads have a very clean and lightweight design to create the lowest weight and CG, making the NT1 easy to service and retaining easy access to all parts. The bulkheads create a super-solid platform where all parts are mounted; a special composite mixture was developed to allow multiple assembly/diassembly without stressing or wearing the parts.
- Easy Diff Access: The smart design of the NT1 allows super-easy front and rear diff access. The front diff can be accessed by removing 4 screws and the entire diff assembly can be removed. In the rear, removing the 4 top screws and 2 rear shock tower screws allows the rear diff to be removed.
- Belt Tension Adjustment: Both front and rear bulkheads feature integrated eccentric bushings which allow quick & easy front and rear belt tension adjustment.
- Easy Battery Pack Removal: The receiver battery pack can be easily removed from below the fuel tank by a quick access composite cover at the bottom of the chassis. Optional graphite cover contains a special CNC-machined pocket in which to place the batteries, allowing the batteries to sit as low as possible. The main feature of the graphite cover is its integrated Multi-Flex Technology™ functionality to additionally reinforce the chassis in the vertical plane.
- Quick-Set Aluminum Engine Mounts: The quick-set 2-piece engine mounts are CNC-machined from premium high-strength aircraft aluminum. Separate engine mounts can be purchased to allow you to have all engines pre-installed with engine mounts for quick & easy engine exchange.
- Easy Gear Mesh Adjustment: The intelligent engine mount design allows you to set and fix the engine position for optimum gear mesh adjustment. After initial gear mesh is set, the engine position is 100% held in place and the engine can be installed/reinstalled any time without any need for any further gear mesh adjustment.
- Highly-efficient Brake System: A strong, highly-efficient brake system is created thanks to focusing on all of the smallest details. The laser-cut, precision flat-ground ventilated steel brake disk allows fade-free braking in conjunction with the special high-grip Ferodo® brake pads installed on the laser-cut brake plates. The brake disk is small and slim, making it very light. The precision hand-grinding on flat grinding machine allows true, wobble-free rotation. Brake inputs are transferred precisely to the brakes thanks to the ball-raced super-smooth brake cam. The Aluminum brake cam is machined from 7075 T6 aluminum and both brake disk and brake pads are specially heat treated for maximum lifespan.
- World’s Smoothest & Most Efficient Drivetrain: The NT1 drivetrain is the world’s smoothest and most efficient drivetrain. Thanks to the construction of all drivetrain parts, the transmission is super smooth and friction-free. From the small diffs, through the efficient ratio and optimized pulleys, to the high-speed lightly-oiled bearings and lightweight drivetrain parts, all is specifically designed for maximum efficiency.
- Hudy Spring Steel™ Drive Shafts: The tiny drive shafts are manufactured from HUDY Spring Steel™, the most effective drive shaft material by the industry leader HUDY. The self-developed top-secret HUDY Spring Steel™ ensures the longest drive shaft life, maximum strength, and lowest weight.
- Lowest Differentials: The diffs in the NT1 are small and light, ensuring the lowest rotating mass and lowest CG. Rubber-sealed composite differential housings are molded from a special composite mixture that ensures non-expansion and non-deformation of the diff housing during operation and long runs, which would otherwise negatively influence the free movement of the gears inside. Differential gears are made from pressed steel, heat-treated and machined for ultra-precise and smooth operation.
- Premium Silicone Oils: The NT1 kit features XRAY Premium Silicone Oils manufactured in Europe by a specialized premium silicone oil manufacturer; these oils were created exclusively for XRAY. Each batch of premium oil is laboratory tested and calibrated to ensure the highest possible consistency and quality from batch to batch. Based on the industry-proven CST rating, these oils are very easy to identify, adjust, and feel.
- Hudy Spring Steel™ Diff Outdrives & Wheel Axles: All diff outdrives and wheel axles are manufactured from premium HUDY Spring Steel™ which has been additionally hand ground for maximum precision and easy fit. These parts have unmatched lifespan and maximum strength to withstand the tremendous forces generated by today’s modern nitro engines.
- PUR®-reinforced Belts: The drivetrain is operated by PUR®-reinforced high-efficiency low-friction drive belts, which ensure that all power is properly and efficiently transfered to all drivetrain parts.
- Frictionless Pulleys: All pulleys are molded from a special composite mixture that ensures frictionless operation and minimizes chances of teeth breakage. The special composite mixture provides high lifespan.
- 2-Speed Transmission: The 2-speed transmission parts are installed on a precision-manufactured super-smooth middle layshaft made from tough HUDY shaft steel for 2-speed, and is additionally heat treated for extra strength and long life. The 2-speed gear adapter is CNC machined from Swiss 7075 T6 for precise fitting of the one-way bearing, and allowing super-precise and wobble-free installation of spur gears. The high-quality German one-way bearing is hand-ground before installation for maximum running precision and strength. The 2-speed adapter is manufactured from hardened steel.
- Adjustable Side Belt Tensioner: The adjustable side belt tensioner is captured on a graphite plate mounted to the side of the radio plate holder. The smart design allows the side belt tensioner to be easily adjusted, or easily removed for engine removal.
- High-Speed Ball-Bearings: The NT1 is fully ball-bearing equipped and features high-speed, blue-sealed ball-bearings throughout the drivetrain for maximum drivetrain efficiency. The highest-tolerance and maximum-performance bearings are degreased and lightly oiled with Aero Shell Fluid 12 for maximum smoothness and long life. The main ball-bearings are oversized with extra-strong bearing frames to ensure that the bearings will run smoothly and effectively even under extreme conditions.
- Absolutely True Spur Gears: Precision-molded spur gears are made from XRAY’s exclusive secret blend of plastic, allowing the gears to run true, be super quiet and robust enough to handle the power of a modern nitro engine. The spur gears are molded with a special technique allowing the gears to be absolutely true thus improving the drivetrain efficiency. Each gear is stamped with a tooth number for easy identification.
- Full-optimized Suspension Geometry: The NT1 features the most advanced, fully-optimized suspension geometry for touring car racing, designed to provide responsive racing characteristics in all racing conditions. Over the years XRAY has successfully gained and utilized extensive suspension geometry knowledge and self-developed suspension stiffness technology, which have been utilized in electric touring car and off-road cars with great success. The ultra-lightweight suspension parts are molded from a special composite material that makes the parts very light, yet very durable to withstand the rigors of high-performance racing.
- Graphite Shock Towers: Front and rear shock towers and the roll center bridge are CNC-machined from premium graphite material (front 2.5mm, rear 3.0mm) to guarantee maximum strength and long life. The shock towers feature optimized shock mounting positions and the roll center bridge features 6 optimized roll center positions for the rear upper link. The rear shock tower design allows for a bit of flex to help the shock tower to absorb energy from a crash, in contrast to a super-stiff shock tower design where crash energy is transferred to the shock tower with a higher risk of breakage.
- Integrated Suspension Settings™: The NT1 features I.S.S. (Integrated Suspension SettingsTM) design. All adjustment possibilities are completely integrated, allowing complete set-up changes without changing or replacing any parts – no need for optional roll center, anti-dive or anti-squat blocks. Using eccentric bushings in the lower parts of the bulkheads and in the front upper bulkhead roll centers, anti-dive and anti-squat can be adjusted easily. High-tensile steel suspension pivot pins are polished for smooth suspension action, and all pivot pins are captured to eliminate the need for E-clips.
- Adjustable Front Anti-roll Bar: The front anti-roll bar is a fully-adjustable, blade-style design. The hand-ground front anti-roll bar blades are manufactured from HUDY Spring Steel™ ensuring the highest possible life. The anti-roll bars are easily adjusted using a small 1.5mm hex wrench.
- Rear Anti-roll Bar: The rear 2.0mm anti-roll bar helps to reduce rear chassis roll. For fine precision tuning, optional wires of different thickness are available as well as a blade style rear anti-roll bar.
- Hudy Spring Steel™ Turnbuckles: All the turnbuckles are easily adjustable with the included handy turnbuckle tool. To ensure highest strength and longest life, all turnbuckles are manufactured from the premium HUDY Spring Steel™, making them the strongest turnbuckles on the market.
- Hardened Pivot Balls: The NT1 pivot ball suspension contains precision pivot balls which are specially hardened for enhanced lifespan and can withstand hard crashes. A total of eight (8) pivot balls are included and are supported by super-strong M10 aircraft aluminum machined nuts.
- Adjustable Servo Saver & Ackermann: The centralized servo saver is ball-raced to ensure super-precise, smooth operation. The servo saver features adjustable spring preload tension for fine tuning. The servo saver also features easily-adjustable Ackermann positions with easy-to-change inserts which greatly influence the steering characteristics. Allowing you to adjust the NT1 to your driving style and track conditions.
- XRAY Racing Shocks: The NT1 features the famous and race-proven externally-adjustable XRAY racing shocks. Without disassembling the shocks and changing pistons, you can easily adjust the shock damping to 4 different damping settings, from soft to super stiff. The threaded shock bodies enable quick & easy ride height adjustment. The shocks feature low profile membrane for super smooth and precise damping. Plus, XRAY shocks feature self-developed and manufactured ultimate racing springs which are hand selected for maximum precision, equal length, and equal damping characteristics.
- Adjustable & Non-Adjustable Shock Pistons: XRAY keyed shock pistons can be used to make adjustable or non-adjustable shocks. Along with the 2-piece adjustable shock pistons, three different non-adjustable pistons are included.
- Compact Bumper: The compact front foam bumper is manufactured from high-resilience lightweight foam. The front upper bumper holder and lower composite bumper are molded from rigid composite to withstand hard impacts.
- Beefy Body Posts: The beefy 6mm thick body posts are made from special composite material that provides maximum strength but sufficient flex to reduce body post breakage, even if you flip the car on its roof. The body supports are rounded to have a better fit and provide better support to the car body.
- Adjustment Possibilities: The NT1 features fully-adjustable front and rear suspension geometry: caster, camber, toe, anti-dive, anti-squat, ride height, droop, track-width, Ackermann and roll centers. For easy and fast adjustment it is suggested to use set-up tools and accessories from HUDY, the world leader of RC tools.
- Set-up Book: The NT1 is a fully-adjustable nitro touring car and as such a solid understanding of set-up theory is very helpful to get the car to perform to its best potential. Whether you are a hardcore racing fanatic or club-level sportsman, you can very easily adjust the NT1 to suit your racing style, the race track, and all track conditions using the XRAY Set-up Book.
- Instruction Manual: XRAY Instruction Manuals have become the industry standard, and are simply the best manuals you will ever get with an RC model car. Whether you are a first-time builder or an experienced racer, all instructions are straight-forward and easy to understand. The full-color instruction manual contains large 3D illustrations that show all assembly details in the easiest possible way.
- VIP customer treatment: Owning an XRAY model racing car is an experience unto itself. Not only will you own the most premium luxury model racing car in the world, but you will also become a member of the prestigious family of XRAY owners with direct support and service from the XRAY factory.
Class: 1/10 nitro touring car
Length w/o body: 370mm
Chassis length: 331mm
Width: adjustable 197~200mm
Ready-to-run weight: 1646g
Chassis: CNC-machined 3.0 mm Swiss 7075 T6 aluminum
Shock towers: machined laminated carbon graphite (front + rear) with multiple shock mounting and camber link roll center positions
Radio tray: machined laminated carbon graphite
Type: triple belt, 4WD
Final drive ratio (FDR): 2-speed: 1st 7.56; 2nd 5.27 (at 1:1 overdrive)
Front differential: sealed, silicone-filled gear diff
Rear differential: sealed, silicone-filled gear diff
Drive axle: CVD drive shafts - Hudy Spring Steel™
Suspension: pivot ball suspension
Shocks: Machined aluminum externally adjustable, oil-filled, coil-over shocks shortened for improved suspension travel
Pinion gear (std): hardcoated Aluminum 1st: 16T ; 2nd: 21T
Spur gear (std): molded composite 1st: 59T ; 2nd: 54T
Ride height: adjustable front + rear
Camber: adjustable front + rear
Caster: adjustable front
Toe: adjustable front + rear
Downstops: adjustable front + rear
Roll center: adjustable front + rear
Ackermann: adjustable front
Anti-roll bars: adjustable front, 2.0 mm rear (optional adjustable)
Wheels: not included
Instructions: full-color Instruction Manual with 3D graphics (39 pages)
Set-up book: 2-color Set-Up Book (39 pages)
Additionally included: Authentication Certificate, set-up sheet, parts list & exploded view, decals
Needed to Complete:
- Radio system (transmitter and receiver)
- Steering & throttle servos
- Engine, manifold & exhaust
- Starter box & starter box battery pack
- Receiver battery pack
- Glowplug igniter
- Battery charger
- 200mm 1/10-scale bodyshell & Polycarbonate paint
- Wheels, tires & glue
- Air filter & oil
- Medium-grade (blue) threadlock
- Various tools for tuning & assembly