This is the OFNA Hyper SS Ready-to-Run 1/8 Off Road Buggy. The Hyper SS is packed with updated features, like front kingpin style steering for improved chassis clearance, captured upper turnbuckles to minimize upper arm flex, and an arching upper arm that adds strength. Big bore shocks keep the car stable, whether in the air or deep in the terrain, while the JL.28 powerplant will tear into the dirt and push the Hyper SS around easily with speed and grunt. The pre-painted body looks great as its blasting through the dirt, and will allow the Hyper SS to make a mark that you and your friends will not forget.
In Depth Features:
Features at a Glance:
- JL.28 Nitro Engine: Big block power propels the buggy, with powerful low end torque and impressive speed. A super sized cooling head keeps the engine cool, run after run, and a dual stage air filter protects your engine from harmful particles that could lead to damage.
- C-Hub Suspension: King-pin front suspension gives clearance for the front arms to prevent chassis scrub, the steering is also set to have a large amount of active steering. These components are strong and light.
- Polished Pipe: The Hyper polished tuned pipe has an impressive look and delivers a good powerband for the JL.28 engine.
- Big Bore Shocks: 17mm Shocks are hard coated and black anodized for an intimidating look, while the 4mm shock shafts and large volume shock bodies provide solid performance.
- Molded Radio Tray: A composite radio tray holds the throttle and steering servos, battery and receiver. Maintenance is done with less work as the components can be easily removed by simply pulling out the radio tray. A silicone switch cover keeps the grit out and you can mount a transponder on the box when you are racing.
- Mud & Stone Guards: The stone and mud guards keep dirt out and the body tightly wraps with the guards and the rear mud guards vent the mess away from the suspension.
- High performance JL.28 engine
- Radical front suspension design for optimum steering
- Big bore shocks with threaded bodies
- Orange anodized shock towers, hinge pin holders and top plate
- Large capacity fuel tank and fuel filter
- Orange countersunk aluminum chassis
- Enclosed receiver and battery box
- 3 Oil filled differentials
- Front & rear fiber brakes
- Adjustable turnbuckles for camber and steering
- One piece molded radio tray
- Updated C-Hub suspension
- Rubber sealed bearings
- Dual stage air filter
- Polished aluminum Hyper pipe
- Front and rear sway bars
- Buggy race tires and dish wheels
- Hi-impact nylon wing
- Length: 460mm (18.1")
- Width: 300mm (11.8")
- Front Track: 305mm (12")
- Rear Track: 308mm (12.1")
- Weight: 3538g (7.81lbs)
- Height: 140mm (5.5")
- Wheel Diameter: 114mm (4.49")
- Stroke: 16.8mm
- RPM: 38,000
- Horse Power: 2.7
- Weight: 330g
- Glow Plug: Standard Long Hot Plug (OFN51010 recommended)
Needed to Complete:
- (8) AA Batteries for transmitter
- Rechargeable 6.0V receiver battery & charger
- Glow Ignitor
- Wheel nut wrench
- Fuel Bottle
- 15-30% Nitro Fuel