This is a Protek R/C Ceramic 14x25.4x6mm "MX-Speed" Rear Engine Bearing,
and is intended for use with the O.S. VZ-B V-Spec, 30VG, the original
Novarossi P5, 421B, Picco P3 .28, and Axe Rossi Cobra off-road
engines as well as any other engine that requires a 14x25.4x6mm rear
ProTek MX-Speed engine bearings have 2 distinct advantages when
compared to other bearings that provide decreased resistance, increased
speed, load handling capabilities and extended bearing life.
- Precision Ball Races: A unique bearing race
design is used that increases load capabilities, centering the balls in
the middle of bearing race. This allows the bearing to continue to
rotate smoothly when the crankshaft is subjected to harsh side and
- PA46 Nylon Cage: A stronger, thicker bearing
cage material has been developed that allows the bearings to withstand
high nitro content fuel and excessive temperatures. The reinforced PA46
nylon has been subjected to Heat Distortion Temperatures of 554° without
Our ProTek Ceramic Engine Bearings are a
hybrid type, featuring Stainless Steel outer races with Si3N4
silicone nitride ceramic balls riding on a polymide inner race. Ceramic bearings have many advantages
over standard steel bearings, such as decreased weight, higher RPM
capabilities, increased corrosion and wear resistance, as well as
reduced friction and vibration.
So next time you purchase a engine bearing, when you ask yourself
"Why should I buy Ceramic?" You should be asking yourself "Why shouldn't
Advantages of Ceramic:
- High Speed: Hybrid Bearings can reach a
resistance level of 1,200,000dN with grease lubrication, due to reduced
slip, wear extent and heat productivity.
- Lightweight: The weight of ceramics is 60% lighter than steel, which decreases the centrifugal force and overall weight.
- Long Service Life: The service life of Hybrid Bearings is 3 to 5 times longer than that of steel in comparable working conditions.
- Self Lubricating: Even when poorly lubricated
or with no lubrication, ceramic bearings will continue to function
longer than steel under the same level of stress due to their self
- Corrosion Resistance: Hybrid bearings have excellent corrosion resistance, and will continue to function while corroded.
- High Rigidity: The elastic ration of ceramics is 1.5 times greater than that of steel, this dramatically increases the rigidity of the balls.
- Low Friction: Ceramic materials have a low
friction force. Even under the conditions of boundary lubrication, the
surfaces are extremely smooth, so its friction force is low and the
rotational friction moment is low.
- Wear Resistant: The micro-hardness of ceramics can reach a Vickers Hardness level of HV1700 kg/mm2
NOTE: This bearing should be installed so that the
balls face the rear of the engine (towards the backplate), in order to
allow proper lubrication.
ProTek R/C is an A Main Hobbies brand.