This is an optional Lynx Heli Carbon Fiber Motor Mount Stiffener, and is intended for use with the Blade 130 x helicopter. The 130X is an amazing micro class RTF helicopter and Lynx has analyzed the helicopter’s performance, finding a number of areas that can be improved. One noted issue was the flex in the standard heli motor support during flight, creating a less than ideal main gear/pinion tooth mesh which can strip the main gear.
After many design tests Lynx decided to develop a super stiff carbon fiber plate that with special washers will fit in the standard frame, creating a sandwich with the screws and motor. The design allows fine adjustments of the tooth mesh with different size pinion gears (from 9 to 11), and once installed the plate becomes parts of the frame, providing strength and rigidity that is incredibly beneficial during hard 3D flight. Plus, longer screws with M1.4 and M1.6mm thread have been included to make it compatible with standard and upgrade motors.
The difference in rigidity will provide a dramatic performance increase, while the peace of mind knowing you can fly hard without striping main gears will instill confidence you have never had with your 130 X.
Tips for Assembly: Before installation, modify the stock plastic motor support holes with a round file or dremel tool to match the holes in the Lynx CF motor mount.
- Optimized Motor clamp eliminates motor/pinion movement for improved tooth mesh and power delivery
- Super small and light
- Sloted motor mount holes for fine pinion adjustment (NOTE: plastic frame plate must be modified)
- Direct installation in standard 130X Frame.
- Special Brass washer supported for fine adjustment and secure motor clamp
- M1.4 and M1.6mm thread screw supported for universal motor installation.
Motor Mount Material: Carbon Fiber 0.8 mm thickness
Hardware Material: Carbon Steel Screws – Brass Washer
Assembly Weight: 0.2 g
- (1) CF Motor Mount
- (2) PAN Head Screw M1.4x5
- (2) PAN Head Screw M1.6x5
- (2) Washer 1.6x3.5h0.3