This is an optional Lynx Heli Ultra Dampener Set, and is intended for use with the MS Heli Protos 500 helicopter. Lynx Heli Innovations has designed special dampeners that hold the spindle and reduce play to emphasize quick cyclic reaction and increase the response and precision in your Protos 500. Lynx Protos d 500 dampeners are designed to work with both flybar and flybarless heads, and feature a three piece design with two O-rings that maintain the necessary preload (to remove any play) and one techno-polymer auto-lube bushing to assure maximum load and friction resistance. These dampeners give your Protos 500 an incredibly precise feel in the air. The difference is visible, particularly in fast forward flight and with quick pitch changes, or any complex 3D maneuvers and are recommended when high head speeds are used.
- Increased head rigidity
- Precise and crisp in flight feel with standard plastic head or upgrade parts
- Quick response
- Incredible life span
- Direct replacement for stock Protos 500 FB or FBL Head
O-Ring Material: EPDM Rubber Compound (Elastomer)
Bushing Material: Techno-Polymer base POM.
Tips for best performance and easy installation:
- (4) Protos 500 Ultra Dampeners Ė Bushing
- (8) Elastomer O-Ring
Before installing dampeners, disassemble the main grip and remove the standard dampeners. Keep the STD metal shims for final assembly. Donít lubricate the O-Ring or any other parts.
- Install the O-Ring facing the head and the Bushing facing the blade grip.
- Install the standard Protos 500 Metal Shims as per the Protos instruction manual.
- Install Main Grip.
- Once assembled, test and in case of cyclic shaking, reduce Aileron and Elevator gain.