This is an optional KDE Direct 550/600 Series Performance Boom Support Assembly, and is intended for use with the ALIGN TREX 550 and 600 series, Gaui X5, Outrage Fusion/Velocity 50, and other high-performance 550/600-class Electric and 30/50-class Nitro series helicopters. Design utilizes M3 mounting holes and identical length to the ALIGN TREX 600 series tail boom supports (replacement for stock Align part AGNH60055A).
The KDE Direct 550/600 Series Performance Boom Support Assembly encompasses a series of specialized design features targeted at preventing the problematic loosening and resultant failure (telescoping) of the critical Tail Boom Support on 550/600-class Electric and 30/50-class Nitro helicopters. Due to the caustic and high-frequency vibration environment of RC helicopters, these upgrades are a necessary enhancement to maintain the structural integrity and performance of the helicopter tail mechanics and control. The Boom Support Assemblies are produced and assembled
100% in the U.S.A.; including the highest-quality, ultra-strength carbon fiber tubes manufactured in the U.S.A. to yield high-stiffness and lightweight characteristics.
- Aerospace-grade epoxy bond between all critical components; providing a high-shock resistant and ultra-strength joint (Hysol® E-120HP).
- Internally-threaded set-screw in the Aluminum Boom Support Ends provide a 360° surface bond to the carbon-rod interior for extreme strength.
- Socket head cap screw and locknut retainer threaded perpendicular to the carbon-rod axis for further protection against loosening.
- Design incorporates precision CNC-milled support ends; providing a vibration-resistant and secure hold to the boom and frames, without worry of failure or cracking due to extended use and repetitive cyclic loading.
- Design is FEA optimized for maximum strength and minimum weight (Weight: 20g ea)
- (2) KDE Direct 550/600 Series Performance Boom Support Assemblies
- (4) KDE Direct 550/600 Series Aluminum Performance Boom Support Rod Ends
- (2) KDE Direct 550/600 Series UTS Carbon-Fiber Matrix Tubes 0.240" O.D., 0.150" I.D.
- (4) 6-32 x 0.4375" Socket Head Set Screws (Grade 8 BP Alloy Steel)
- (4) M2 x 0.4 x 10 mm Socket Head Cap Screws (Class 12.9 BP Alloy Steel)
- (4) M2 x 0.4 Nylon-Insert Locknuts (Zinc-Plated Class 8 Alloy Steel)