This is the KDE Direct 500XF-1450 High Performance Brushless 500 Class Motor and was developed for the ALIGN TREX 500E/ESP series helicopters, as well as other 500-class helicopters that use either M4x30mm or M3x25mm mounting profiles (with the appropriate gearing). The 500XF-1450 motor was custom designed in collaboration with Castle Creations, for KDE Direct and used the latest Computer-Aided Magnetic Field Analysis software to develop the most efficient and optimized design for high-level, 3D-competition flight. The motor is designed to handle extreme-power setups and has been optimized for governor-control algorithms of the Castle Creations ESC product line; making this motor the most capable offering in the 500 class RC helicopter marketplace. Motors include 200°C, 13AWG silicone-wire leads and 5.5mm CC Bullet Connectors (pre-soldered to the motor leads and ESC bullets in the box).
KDE Direct XF Series High-Performance Brushless Motors are designed to push the boundaries of technology and bring a whole new level of flight performance to the world of RC Helicopters. Every detail of the design is scrutinized to meet the quality standards of KDE Direct and the performance is something you’ll have to experience to believe.
- Industry Leading Performance: Magnetic field simulation software used to produce high-efficiency and optimized torque-curves for each helicopter class and application (high amperage peaks).
- Quad Bearing Supported Shaft: Oversized upper bearing and triple lower bearing support for near-frictionless, true-concentric rotation of the shaft and exceptional durability.
- Highest Grade Materials: Stator is composed of the highest-grade, 0.20mm silicon-steel laminations for low eddy-current loses and high resultant efficiency. Wye-terminated, 180°C (356°F), ɸ0.23mm high-temperature rated copper wire used throughout for extremely low-resistance and maximum stator copper-fill.
- Unique Fan and End Bell Designs: Low amperage draw and high-air volume output provides cool-running temperatures even under the most rigorous, 3D-competition style flying and environmental conditions.
- Attention to Detail Throughout: Triple-varnish dipped stators and continuous wire finish-ties prevents wire-slip (near fail-proof stator wind) for optimal life. All machined components are FEA-optimized for strength, weight, and prevention of fatigue failures (radius-transitions, chamfered edges). Silicon-wire exit leads are installed for easy customization and simple drop-in installation for almost all applications.
Kv: 1,450 rpm/V
Maximum Power: 3,500+ W
Maximum Efficiency: 90%
Maximum Voltage: 25.2 V (6S)
Io (@10V): 3.5 A
Rm (Winding Resistance): N/A
Maximum Speed: 40,000 rpm
Rotor Poles: 8 (12 Pole Stator)
Bearings: Quad, 696ZZ/MR106ZZ
Mount Pattern: M4x30mm & M3x25mm
Shaft Diameter: 5mm (6mm Internal)
Shaft Length: 22mm
Motor Diameter: 44mm
Motor Length: 48mm
Motor Weight: 265g (290g with Wires/Bullets)
Cooling System: High-Volume Radial Fan
ESC PWM Rate: 12-16 KHz (Outrunner Mode)