O.S. has now introduced new Glow Plugs that are more suited to rigors of R/C Car Racing. Note that O.S. engine plugs are SHORT body plugs and should only be used in engines that require a short body plug. O.S. plugs should not be used in Novarossi, RB Concept and most other motors manufactured in Europe.
See the O.S. glow plug chart below to compare the different short body standard glow plugs available for O.S. engines:
- Increased durability (longer life span of plug)
- More reliable idle characteristics
- Smoother transitions from higher to lower RPM.
- Designed for constant "ON/OFF" throttle operations.
- This plug is suitable for 1/10 and 1/8 scale off-road racing.
- It has a slightly lower heat range than the O.S. #8.
||Formerly known as the OS A3 plug. This hot plug will provide a more stable idle and crisp acceleration when compared to a cold plug. This plug is recommended for low nitro content fuels and .12 class engines.
||Slightly "hotter" than the #8 and ideal for the constant "on/off" throttle action in 1/10 and 1/8 scale racing.
||A medium heat range plug for 1/8 scale racing and most .12-21 car, boat and truck engines.
||Formerly known as the OS A5 plug. This is now rated as a cold plug and is recommended for high nitro content fuel. This cold plug will produce the most power, but will provide a less stable idle and a narrow tuning window