For the world of aerobatic/3D planes, Kyosho has produced a phenomenal 50 size EDGE 540 specifically designed for electric power!
The fuselage has been redesigned inside and out to include a battery mounting tray to allow the battery to be moved forward and aft to balance the plane perfectly with whatever pack you choose. The firewall has been modified to accept the Kyosho universal brushless motor, which fits all popular brushless motors. The left and right halves of the main wing are attached to the fuselage with a light hollow tube so the fuselage doesn't need to be cut. This keeps the fuselage strong. In addition, film on the rear of the fuselage works as stringers to create an incredibly lightweight structure. All bulkheads have been computer designed to be as light as possible while still remaining strong and all pieces are cut to lock with each other during factory assembly creating greater strength and consistent quality from plane to plane. If your are ready for high performance electric flight, the Kyosho Edge 540 EP is for you!
- Fuselage has been designed specifically for electric power with a battery tray and weight savings through out.
- Includes a universal brushless motor mount and a redesigned firewall for electric power.
- Left / Right halves of main wing are attached with a hollow tube into the fuselage. By removing the cockpit, the wings are then held in place by rubber bands.
- Shares the same swept trailing edge as the original EDGE 540 and reproduces the same excellent agility and stall characteristics for sharp forward penetration.
- Factory-assembled balsa fuselage covered in film for a professional finish. Only a short time needed to get flight-ready.
- Excels at true acro/3D performance due to mid-wing design.
- No cuts in the fuselage for the attachment of main wing halves results in stronger fuselage structure.
- Film down the back of the fuselage works as stringers for a lightweight fuselage structure.
- FRP cowling is pre-painted for true scale appearance. No painting required.
- Push / Pull wire linkages used for the rudder results in sure control of the yaw axis. Moving tail gear also features shock-absorbing mechanism for safe and reliable taxiing.