This is the AquaCraft UL-1 Superior, Ready to Run Electric FE Hydroplane. There's never been a LiPo-ready hydro with brushless power and 2.4GHz technology — until now. The UL-1 Superior has been designed in the U.S.A. to deliver today's best in cutting-edge control, brushless performance and competition-quality features!
UL-1 Superior Features:
- Water cooling jacket: Brushless design makes the 6-pole, 36-56-2030kV motor virtually maintenance-free, extremely efficient and best of all, fast. It's factory-installed for ease, and comes with 4mm gold-plated bullet motor connectors. A custom water cooling jacket turns performance-robbing heat into cool-running perfection.
- Water-cooled, 36-56-2030kV Brushless Marine Motor: The 6-pole, 36-56-2030kV brushless motor is an AquaCraft design created exclusively for the UL-1 and high-speed hauling. Includes gold-plated, 4mm motor plugs to boost efficiency.
- Waterproof, Water-cooled 60A ESC: Inside its aluminum case, the UL-1 ESC is waterproof, water-cooled and capable of handling 60A current loads with ease. While compatible with NiCds and NiMHs, it offers two safety features tailored just for LiPo packs: a "stutter bump" warning at 12V and automatic cut-off at 11.6V. Genuine Deans® Ultra Plug® connectors provide unmatched efficiency.
- 2.4GHz Tactic Radio System: The 2.4GHz system in the UL-1 is hard to beat for convenience and control. 2.4GHz tech makes it virtually interference-free and supremely dependable and on-board gear is factory-installed for time-saving ease.
- Canopy: The nose canopy slides over a tab on the hull and snaps in place with the power of magnets! Radio box tape creates a waterproof seal that holds the hatch firmly in place.
- Molded-in tub: The molded-in center tub section is the perfect radio/motor box: spacious, waterproof and easy to clean. However, its depth and shape also help it brace the hull against distortion — and lower the CG for more stable running!
- Aluminum strut: The aluminum strut is CNC-machined, black-anodized and adjustable, so you can change prop depth and angle to match water conditions. The drive system combines a strong 0.150" flex cable with a standard 3/16" prop shaft.
- GrimRacer Hardware: GrimRacer hardware is built to take punishment in stride and coax the last bit of performance from every boat. All aluminum parts are CNC-machined and black-anodized for top performance and lasting good looks.
- Turn fin: The 2 mm aluminum hydro turn fin features a tapered leading edge that cuts more cleanly, reducing drag and improving efficiency. Like the strut, it adjusts for top performance.
- "Breakaway" fins: "Breakaway" fins look like they're molded as part of the hull, but detach under stress to prevent damage to the hull. They attach simply with two-sided tape and float so they're easy to locate and retrieve.
- Drive system uses a standard 0.150" flex drive and 3/16" prop shaft to provide race-quality response and reliability.
- Ideal for IMPBA and NAMBA FE Sport Hydroplane Class events.
- Realistic looks and modern UL (Unlimited Light) style details.
- Lightweight painted fiberglass and ABS construction.
- Tactic 2.4GHz radio system.
- New AquaCraft 36-56-2030KV 6 pole motor.
- 60AMP water cooled ESC with 12 Volt stutter bump warning system and 11.6volt battery cut off.
- Center “drop tub” interior.
- Direct water contact aluminum motor cooling jacket.
- Special GrimRacer 2mm thick aluminum turn fin.
- Black anodized aluminum hardware.
- FE Racing inspired waterproof tape down hatch system.
- Magnetic cowl locking system.
- Break away vertical fins.
- Heavy duty steering pushrod.
Hull Length: 27" (685mm)
Overall Length: 29.25" (745mm)
Beam: 14.25" (360mm)
Overall Height: 6.75" (170mm)
Weight: 4.88 lb (2,210g)
Needed to Complete:
- (2) 7.4V, 3200mAh LiPo batteries
- (4) "AA" alkaline batteries
- LiPo Balance Charger
- Radio Box Tape