This is the AquaCraft Vela One Meter Sailboat. While the Vela One Meter sailboat is easy enough for beginners, it also boasts cutting-edge materials and performance features that make it a worthy competitor. When not on the water, the Vela's impressive dimensions, brilliant colors and included stand make it equally worthy of display. Standing over 6-1/2 feet (2 meters) tall, the Vela is a commanding presence on any lake or pond. Except for "AA" batteries, everything required for operation is included — as well as a folding wooden stand for maintenance and display.
The included, 2-channel Tactic 2.4GHz sailboat radio eliminates any chance of same-channel signal conflicts. Sail with any number of racers, without unwanted interference. The included Tactic TR324 3-Channel Receiver has no external antenna, making it an easy fit in the Vela's radio box. In addition to a powerful rudder servo, the Vela also comes with a very high-quality, high-torque sail winch servo that features ball bearings and durable metal gears. Supplying 153 oz-in (11 kg-cm) torque at 6V, it has the muscle you need to move big sails in any sailing condition.
In Depth Features:
Features at a Glance:
- Keel attached to hull with thumb nut: The rigid keel attaches to the hull with this easy-to-remove thumb nut. Removing the keel for easier transportation to and from the pond is quick and simple.
- Large rudder: The generously sized rudder offers very responsive handling — the Vela can turn almost inside the length of its hull.
- Vela One Meter in Action: With the Vela's straightforward assembly, anyone — from first-time captains to fierce competitors — can be ready to sail in under an hour. Performing well in light to strong winds, it's a fine choice for racing as well as leisure time on the lake.
- High Performance Sails: Printed on one side to aid in orientation at a distance, the colorful Thermal Plastic Polyester (polyethylene terephthalate) sails are reinforced with fiber for high performance. The mainsail and jib booms are aluminum, and the main mast is a competition grade carbon-fiber tube.
- Realistic graphics and deck detail: Preapplied graphics and deck detail add to the realism of the painted fiberglass hull. Fasteners attached to the high-strength rigging lines simply snap into eyelets installed on the deck, making sail control setup a fast, easy process.
- Extra reinforcement on sails: The sails feature extra reinforcement along the edges for protection against tearing in wind gusts and during transport.
- Competition-grade carbon-fiber mast
- Quick-release rigging connectors
- Reinforced sail edges and corners
- Over 6-1/2 feet (2 meters) tall
- 2.4GHz sailboat radio system with high-torque sail winch servo
- High-performance fiberglass racing hull
Length: 40" (1016mm)
Beam: 6.5" (165mm)
Height: 79" (2006mm)
Weight: 6" (2720g)
Needed to Complete: