This is the DJI Innovations A2 Multi-Rotor Flight Controller System Combo. This package includes the DJI iOSD MKII on screen display unit (DJI-OSDMKII). When you combine this with your video monitor and the DJI 5.8GHz Video Downlink (DJI-5.8VDL - not included), you can collect precise, real-time flight data and transmit this information to the ground via video link for improved safety and an incredible FPV experience!
The DJI A2 multi-rotor stabilization controller is a complete flight control system that can be used with various multi-rotor platforms, and is ideal for both commercial and industrial aerial photography applications. The A2 system delivers an unprecedented level of precise positioning and perfect flight control in harsh environments that has never been achieved in any flight control system before it.
Developed using the technology and design philosophy of DJI’s high-performance Ace series of controllers, the A2 offers you a revolutionary flight experience. The A2 adopts a full metal case design and utilizes high quality components precisely calibrated with temperature compensation in all gyros and sensors, and DJI's industry renowned flight algorithm.
Its high performance antenna, low noise anti-interference front-end RF design, accurate position and speed calculating, represent comprehensive technological breakthroughs. These features make the positioning performance of the GPS Pro as close to perfection as it gets; With higher accuracy performance, larger measuring range, and a unique damping design and calibration algorithm, the IMU is able to provide stable output even in high vibration and large movement environments. The built-in receiver system directly supports popular transmitters, and it also supports a variety of external receivers. Combined with abundant output interfaces and flexible configuration, it makes the flight controller capable of complex control and airborn equipment operation; the dual CAN-Bus design greatly improves the data throughput and overall stability of the system.
- GPS-Compass Pro Module: The GPS receiver of the A2 GPS-Compass Pro Module is equipped with a high gain and high performance right-handed circular polarized (RHCP) antenna, the low noise anti-interference front-end RF design and the optimized localization algorithm, which provides the GPS Pro with stronger anti-interference performance, a stronger ability to capture satellite signals and a more accurate position hold calculating ability. All these features have enhanced its position locking capability.
- High Sensitivity Built-in Damper IMU Module: The interior sensor of the A2 IMU has been upgraded. With higher accuracy and performance, larger measuring range, and a unique damping design and calibration algorithm, the IMU is able to provide stable output even with high vibration and a large movement environment. The advanced sensor temperature compensation algorithm and industrialized accurate calibration algorithm gives the IMU excellent performance. With the innovative damping structure and material, it is unnecessary to install a framework or cushioning, you can simply stick it on the aircraft. Small size and weight allow easy installation in a tight space, it simplifies the installation process, for various aircraft sizes.
- Built-in 2.4Ghz DR16 Receiver: The A2 has a built-in 2.4Ghz Radio technology DESST receiver system (DJI Enhanced Spread Spectrum Technology), which supports the Futaba FASST series of transmitters. It can support 16 channels. Futaba transmitter users can use the system without any external receiver, which has greatly simplified the complexity of the system and improved the security of the remote control system.
- Support for External Receivers: A2 system has two reserved JR and Spektrum satellite receiver ports. It currently supports Spektrum DX6I, DX8 transmitters, other JR or Spektrum series will be supported in the future. The system supports external receivers including the Futaba S-Bus receiver, PPM receiver.
- Support DJI D-BUS ADAPTER: The DJI D-BUS ADAPTER module (DJI-A2DBUS - optional - not included) can provide eight-way input or output. A traditional receiver can be used through this module, or can be used to extend the output ports. Please refer to the A2 user manual D-BUS ADAPTER section for more specific details of functionality.
- Dual CAN-Bus System: The A2 system has a dual CAN-Bus design, which means that the system data throughput will be doubled and the extendability is improved. At the same time, the important data and the non-critical data are assigned respectively on different CAN-Bus ports, which greatly improves the system stability.
- More Output Interfaces: The A2 is equipped with a minimum of twelve output channels, users can easily use it to control an Oct-rotor, and the other four channels can be used as a general output interface, for example, to control the DJI retractable landing gear on S800 EVO, to control Gimbal or camera switch, etc.
- Precise Position Hold & Wind Resistance: With the GPS Pro/Compass Module and the hardware upgraded IMU module, the A2 has an optimized inertial navigation algorithm, which ensures the system can get a more reliable and accurate position and attitude estimate. The aircraft which is equipped with A2 will have very good performance in position hold even in a semi-closed environment, such as between buildings, it also has excellent hovering performance. At the same time, with the optimized algorithm of inertial navigation and the algorithm of wind resistance, the Wind Resistance performance of A2 is also improved, and the multi-rotor can have position and altitude locked accurately even in windy conditions.
- High Accuracy & Intuitive Flight Experience: With the A2, flying a multi-rotor will be as easy as driving a car. The pilot is released from the stress of controlling the multi-rotor and able to focus on other tasks.
- Supports Online Firmware Updates: Different from other DJI flight controllers, the A2 offers a comprehensive online firmware upgrade ability: the Controller, IMU and GPS Pro, Receiver and Bluetooth LED indicator can be upgraded online through the assistant software separately. Lets you experience the latest technology comprehensively and quickly.
- 9 Types of Multi-Rotor & a Customized Motor Mixer: It’s a UAS that’s targeted at commercial and industrial multi-rotor platforms with simple configuration, easy installation and stable performance. It also supports customized motor mixing, which greatly meets the demands of particular users. The A2 supports:
- Quad I, Quad X
- Hex I, Hex V, Hex Y, Hex IY
- Oct X, Oct I, Oct V
- More Flexible Input Channel Configuration: A2 flight control system supports a more flexible input channel configuration function; the transmitter channel can be mapped flexibly to meet the needs of various users.
- Multiple Flight Control Modes/Intelligent Switching: It offers three types of control modes: GPS Mode (with GPS module), Atti. Mode, Manual Mode. The pilot can switch between the three modes to achieve different flight characteristics. The Flight controller can also adjust automatically within the changing flight environment and intelligently switch between GPS Mode and Atti. Mode to make sure the flight is safe. In manual mode position the operator can choose between manual and attitude. It also supports an RTH Switch from the Transmitter.
- Power Management Unit: The power management unit (PMU) is designed for the A2 to help eliminate high power consumption. It supplies power for the A2 system, for voltage detection and alarming. It contains two power outputs for the entire A2 system and receiver separately, a battery voltage monitor, and two CAN-Bus interfaces. In order to prevent your multi-rotor from crashing or other harmful consequences caused by low battery voltage, DJI has designed two levels of low voltage protection with selectable LED indications, Go Home and Landing functionality.
- Enhanced Fail-Safe & Auto Go Home/Landing: When signal is lost, the system will trigger failsafe, you can choose either hovering or Auto Go Home/Landing. In addition, the A2 now has a new function of RTH switch from transmitter. There is no need to turn into failsafe.
- Multi-Rotor One-Motor Fail Protection: This function means that when the aircraft is in attitude or GPS attitude mode, and one of the motors stops, the aircraft will retain good attitude and rotate around the frame arm with the stopped motor. In this condition, the aircraft is still under control and returns home safely, highly reducing the risk of a crash.
- Intelligent Landing Gear Function: Once you enabled the Intelligent Landing Gear function in the assistant software, the landing gear is default at the Lower position when the aircraft is on the ground; and the system will lower the landing gear in emergency, motor failure or auto landing, to protect the aircraft and gimbal; you can control to lower or retract the landing gear by a switch when the aircraft altitude is over 5m from the ground.
- Intelligent Orientation Control (IOC): Usually, the forward direction of a flying multi-rotor is the same as the nose direction. By using Intelligent Orientation Control (IOC), the forward direction has nothing to do with nose direction:
- In course lock flying, the forward direction is the same as a recorded nose direction.
- In home lock flying, the forward direction is the same as the direction from home point to the multi-rotor.
- Point of Interest (POI): A2 has a Point of Interest function! When the GPS signal is good, users can record the current position of the aircraft as a point of interest by a preset switch on the remote controller. The aircraft can achieve a circling flight around the point of interest with the nose pointing at the POI in an area of 5 meters to 500 meters radius, when the roll command is given. This function is easy to set and simple to operate, it is suitable for all-round shooting of a fixed scenic spot.
- Bluetooth Module & Assistant Software for Smartphones: The A2 provides assistant software for iPhone4s, iPhone5, iPad3, iPad4, iPad Mini, iPod5. You can do parameter adjustments at any time on your mobile devices, using only the standard LED indicator with a built-in Bluetooth module that makes it easier and convenient. It uses low power Bluetooth to minimize the power consumption of your mobile devices. It is easy to use and will automatically save your last connection data. The password mechanism ensures your link is safe. Parameters can be automatically synchronized to the Cloud Server and can be restored immediately when you change your mobile devices.
- User-Friendly Assistant Software: The user interface of the assistant software has been comprehensively updated and brings you a unique interaction experience. The logical design makes your channel configuration and parameter settings more simple and convenient.
- 50 Waypoints Ground Station Control System (Available Soon): The A2 is equipped with 50 Waypoints Ground Station and it also supports iOS mobile devices (Bluetooth 4.0 or above). With the reliable communication and simple operation, it is easy for you to control your aircraft. It also contains such ground control functions as real-time flight monitoring and flight status notification, joystick control with touch, one key takeoff, preset flight route and click & go.
- Other Useful Functions: In addition to the above functionalities the A2 also has other useful functions:
- Built-in 2-axis Gimbal Stabilization: The gimbal stabilization module is compatible with almost all 2-axis gimbal systems. The system will adjust the gimbal and camera according to the attitude of the aircraft after setting the parameters for the first time. It stabilizes the camera and improves the quality of aerial photography.
- Home Point Indicating: the system will indicate the home point location with LED blinking to avoid the wrong home point recording, and ensures that the RTH function operates as expected.
- Tail-in RTH: it allows the users to easily view the LED indicator and have a better control over the aircraft.
- Compass Error Alarming: when the compass encounters interference sources, the LED will blink to warn you.
- Accessories Supported: The A2 is perfectly matched to the iOSD and the ZENMUSE series gimbals, which provides the most comprehensive performance for the professional users.
- Size & Weight:
- Flight Controller: 54x38x14.9mm
- IMU: 41.3x30.5x26.3mm
- GPS Compass Pro: 62mm (diameter) x 14.3mm
- PMU: 39.5x27.6x9.8mm
- LED-BTU-I: 30x30x7.9mm
- Total Weight: Total Weight: <= 224g (overall)
- Supported Multi-Rotor:
- Quad-Rotor: +4,x4;
- Hex-Rotor: +6,x6,Y6,Rev Y6;
- Octo-Rotor: +8,x8,V8
- Supported ESC Output: 400Hz refresh frequency
- Supported Transmitter for Built-in Receiver: Futaba FASST Series and DJI DESST Series
- External Receiver Supported: Futaba S-Bus, S-Bus2, DSM2
- Recommended Battery: 2S ~ 6S LiPo
- Operating Temperature: -5°C to +60°C
- Assistant Software System Requirement: Windows XP SP3 / 7 /8 (32 or 64 bit)
- Other DJI Products Supported: Z15,H3-2D,iOSD,2.4G Data Link,S800 EVO
- Flight Performance
- Hovering Accuracy (In GPS Mode):
- Vertical: ± 0.5m
- Horizontal: ± 1.5m
- Maximum Wind Resistance: < 8m/s (17.9mph/28.8km/h)
- Max Yaw Angular Velocity: 150 deg/s
- Max Tilt Angle: 35°
- Ascent/Descent: ±6m/s
- Electrical & Mechanical
- Power Consumption: MAX 5W (Typical Value: [email protected]）
- Built-In Functions:
- Built-in Receiver
- Multiple Control Modes
- 2-axis Gimbal Supported
- Low Voltage Protection
- PC & Bluetooth Ground Station
- External Receiver Supported
- Intelligent Orientation Control
- Sound Alarm
- 4 Configurable Output