This is an optional KDE Direct Performance Boom Support Assembly, and is intended for use with the Align T-Rex 700, Outrage Velocity 90, and other high-performance 700-class Electric and 90-class Nitro series helicopters. The design utilizes M4 mounting holes and is identical in length to the ALIGN TREX 700 series tail boom supports and is a direct replacement for the stock Align part AGNHN7055A.
The KDE Direct 700 Series Performance Boom Support Assembly encompasses a series of specialized design features targeted at preventing the problematic loosening and resultant failure (telescoping) of the critical Tail Boom Support of the 700-class Electric and 90-class Nitro helicopters. Due to the caustic and high-frequency vibration environment of RC helicopters, these upgrades are a necessary enhancement to maintain the structural integrity and performance of the helicopter tail mechanics and control. The Boom Support Assemblies are produced and assembled 100% in the U.S.A.; including the highest-quality, ultra-strength carbon fiber tubes manufactured in the U.S.A. to yield high-stiffness and lightweight characteristics.
- Vibration Resistant Construction: The assembly utilizes multiple design aspects to provide the strongest and highest vibration-resistance capability, including these critical attributes:
- Aerospace-grade epoxy bond between all critical components; providing a high-shock resistant and ultra-strength joint (Hysol® E-120HP).
- Internally-threaded set-screw in the Aluminum Boom Support Ends provide a 360°surface bond to the carbon-rod interior for extreme strength.
- M2.5 socket head cap screw and locknut retainer threaded perpendicular to the carbon-rod axis for further protection against loosening.
- Aluminum 6061-T6 Boom Support Ends: Design incorporates precision CNC-milled support ends; providing a vibration-resistant and secure hold to the boom and frames, without worry of failure or cracking due to extended use and repetitive cyclic loading.
- Weight: 30g ea.
- (2) KDE Direct 700 Series Performance Boom Support Assemblies
- (4) KDE Direct 700 Series Aluminum Performance Boom Support Rod Ends
- (2) KDE Direct 700 Series UTS Carbon-Fiber Matrix Tubes 0.240" O.D., 0.150" I.D.
- (4) 6-32 x 0.625" Socket Head Set Screws (Grade 8 BP Alloy Steel)
- (4) M2.5 x 0.45 x 12mm Socket Head Cap Screws (Class 12.9 BP Alloy Steel)
- (4) M2.5 x 0.45 Nylon-Insert Locknuts (Zinc-Plated Class 8 Alloy Steel)