E-flite Apprentice S 15e RTF Airplane
This is the E-flite Apprentice S 15e Ready-to-Fly Airplane. The Apprentice S 15e is the most intelligent RC airplane ever offered by Horizon Hobby. At its heart is groundbreaking SAFE™ (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) technology that makes RC flight incredibly easy, even for the least experienced user. Its combination of spatial awareness provides flight envelope protection which adds a degree of security never before available, while its smooth flight capability battles windy conditions so that all you feel is control that’s crisp and responsive. Multiple levels of flight envelope protection are provided that can be reduced or removed as your skills progress, yet the “panic” feature is always there to instantly return the model to level flight if you ever lose orientation.
Requiring just minutes to assemble, you’ll appreciate how its quiet brushless power system delivers outstanding performance with long, enjoyable flights. Plus it’s built to last from lightweight Z-Foam™ material that’s tough enough to handle everyday flying punishment without getting bent out of shape. After you’ve mastered the basics of flight, the Apprentice S is capable of performing a complement of aerobatic maneuvers such as loops, rolls, and even inverted flight. You can also turn the Apprentice S into a great floatplane by simply adding the specially designed E-flite Apprentice S Floats (EFLA550)—sold separately.
- SAFE™ technology provides spatial awareness and flight envelope protection
- The ideal beginner’s choice when learning to fly with an instructor
- Quick, easy assembly
- Lightweight and durable Z-Foam™ construction
- Powerful 15-size, 840Kv brushless outrunner motor installed
- E-flite® 30A Pro Switch-Mode BEC Brushless ESC installed
- Large, easy-access battery compartment
- Wide-stance tricycle landing gear
- Nose wheel steering for better ground handling
- Powerful 3S 3200mAh 20C Li-Po battery included
- Li-Po balancing DC charger included
- Optional E-flite Apprentice® S Floats (EFLA550), available
Wingspan: 59.0 in (1500mm)
Overall Length: 42.5 in (1080mm)
Wing Area: 515 sq. in. (33.2 sq. dm.)
Flying Weight: 49.0 oz (1390 g)
Motor Size: 15-size brushless outrunner
Radio: Spektrum DX5e transmitter (included)
CG (center of gravity): 3-1/8 in (79.0mm) back from the leading edge of wing
Prop Size: 11 x 8
Speed Control : 30-amp brushless (installed)
Recommended Battery: 11.1V 3S 3200mAh LiPo (included)
Control Throw (Ailerons): Low: 0.71 in (18mm); High: 0.91 in (23mm)
Control Throw (Elevator): Low: 0.71 in (18mm); High: 0.91 in (23mm)
Control Throw (Rudder): Low: 1.10 in (28mm); High: 1.35 in (35mm)
Charger: 2–3S LiPo balancing charger, 0.5–3.0A (included)
Minimum Age Recommendation: 14 years
Experience Level: Beginner
Recommended Environment: Outdoor
Assembly Time: Less than 1 Hour
Is Assembly Required: Yes
Needed To Complete:
- Nothing! Everything you need to get flying is included in the box.
This product was added to our catalog on June 3, 2013.
Customers that bought this also purchased...
Super Saver Shipping!