AKA Racing Typo 2.2" Off-Road Truck Tires (2) (Super Soft)
With your purchase, receive at no cost:
This is a pack of two AKA Racing Typo 2.2" Off-Road Truck Tires. The Typo is a very low tread pattern that has been optimized for hard-packed indoor tracks and low dust, grooved outdoor tracks. They are available in AKA's race proven Clay and Super Soft Compounds. Each pair come fitted with Red (soft) inserts. As with all AKA tires, designed, tested, and proudly made in the USA.
- Red Insert (Soft): The red insert is designed to soak up the big bumps with its fluted I.D. while still holding its shape in the turns to increase corner speed and consistency.
- Tread Performance: Each tire tread is computer designed and track tested by AKA engineers Gil Losi, Mark Pavidis and team drivers to ensure the best performance before each tire goes into production.
- Lifespan: The long life of the AKA tires is due to the collective decades of rubber compound development Gil Losi brings to the table. In fact, Mark and Gil have been responsible for developing some of the most successful tires in off-road racing for a generation. Each compound is tested in labs then rigorously track tested to ensure the highest quality.
- Balance: Like AKA inserts and wheels, tire balance is critical to superior performance and it's a priority in AKA tires. Mold components are manufactured to the highest tolerances to ensure the best possible alignment of all the mold components. This results in a tire with more uniform thickness for the best possible balance.
- Mold Accuracy: AKA tire molds are made in the U.S.A. using the most advance mold-making techniques and processes available. The cost is higher to produce such a precision mold, but its part of an uncompromising desire to deliver the highest quality product available.
This product was added to our catalog on April 7, 2014.
Philip G Stose
Monday, Mar 17 2014 (about a year ago)
AKA Racing Typo 2.2" Off-Road Truck Tires (2) (Clay)
"Finally", A tire manufacturer has packaged an excellent tire with a closed cell insert. The combination of the clay compound and the soft insert seem to work extremely well on both the front & rear of my 22T. I've run them for about eight hours in practice sessions over the last two weeks and I can't see much sign of ware on any of the tires, "front or back". They also seem to be very forgiving of track condition changes. Good job AKA
$1.99 Flat Rate Shipping!
This item is eligible for $1.99 flat rate shipping Learn More
This item earns up to 20 VIP Reward Points Learn More