Avid RC 12mm Machined 2+2 Piston (4) (2x1.6mm/2x1.1mm)
This is a pack of four optional Avid RC 2x1.6mm/2x1.1mm Machined 2+2 Pistons, and are intended for use with the Team Associated, Losi and Kyosho 12mm shocks. These pistons represent Avid's latest development concept which helps tune high speed and low speed damping separately. This simple solution is a 4 hole piston with 2 large 1.5mm holes and 2 small 1.1mm holes (Avid calls it the 2+2 piston), and Avid's test drivers found that these pistons help provide the traction and bump handling of running lighter shock oil or larger piston holes, while still maintaining the control of running heavier oil or smaller hole piston when taking on jumps.
For more information on Avid piston applications and tuning recommendations, click here.
- Fits 12mm shocks for Team Associated, TLR 22, and Kyosho (12mm bore, 3mm hole, 2.5mm thick).
- Machined round with a tighter fit to bore of the shock body for less blow-by.
- 2+2 valving offers increased traction without sacrificing jump handling or driveability.
- Each package includes 4 pistons inside of a Doodad container printed with AVID logo.
- Use 1.5+1.1 piston in replacement of the 2 x 1.6. In buggy, typically start with 30 wt oil front and 27.5 or 30wt rear.
- Use 1.6+1.1 piston in replacement of the 2 x 1.7. In buggy or truck, typically start with 30 or 32.5 wt oil in rear shocks.
- For a 4wd buggy, we recommend 1.5+1.1 front with 35 wt and 1.6+1.1 rear with 30 wt.
This product was added to our catalog on February 28, 2013.
- Kyosho Ultima RB5
- Kyosho Ultima RB6
- Kyosho Ultima RT5
- Kyosho Ultima SC
- Losi 22
- Losi 22 2.0
- Losi 22SCT
- Losi 22T
- Team Associated RC10 B4.1
- Team Associated RC10 B4.2
- Team Associated RC10 B44.1
- Team Associated RC10 B44.2
- Team Associated RC10 B44.3
- Team Associated RC10 B5
- Team Associated RC10 B5M
- Team Associated RC10 B5M Factory Lite
- Team Associated RC10 T4.1
- Team Associated RC10 T4.2
- Team Associated RC10 T5M
- Team Associated SC10
- Team Associated SC10.2
- Yokomo B-MAX2
- Yokomo B-MAX2 MR
- Yokomo B-MAX4 II
Customers that bought this also purchased...