Axial SCX10 "2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited C/R Edition" RTR 4WD Electric Rock Crawler
This is the Axial SCX10 "2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited C/R Edition" RTR 4WD Electric Rock Crawler. Axial is constantly working toward bringing to market the latest and coolest scale trail rigs. The Jeep Wrangler has become a staple in the Axial line up. Jeep brand vehicles are unique in that the 1:1 marketplace offers a tremendous amount of accessories to customize your Wrangler platform.
Axial's latest offering is a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon featuring components that are considered the hottest in the aftermarket arena. Rigid Industries is one of the most popular companies supporting the Jeep aftermarket and their LED lighting products are some of the most sought after upgrades. For this product, Axial has included a pre-installed, scaled down 50" E-Series light bar along with scaled down versions of the wildly popular Rigid Dually lights. All of the Rigid lighting is functional featuring 10 working LEDs.
Axial has also teamed with Casey Currie to bring this latest Jeep to market. Casey is one of those iconic individuals who lives and breathes the Jeep brand. Having grown up exploring the back roads within the legendary Currie family, Casey embodies the Axial lifestyle to a T. When he isn't out racing his short course truck, riding his dirt bike or rock crawling his JK, he's busy wrenching on and driving his Axial rigs. His latest venture is a brand called CRC. The CRC message is fun whether cruising, racing or crawling Jeep brand vehicles. You can expect many great things from Casey and the CRC brand for your full size Jeep in the near future.
Casey Currie - CRC
Casey Currie is one of the most successful young off-road racers on the scene today. When he isn't out on the track putting down lightning fast times, he'll be out exploring the back roads with his Jeep Wrangler. So it's no surprise that he's started his own brand around his adventurous lifestyle. A brand called CRC. CRC stands for cruise it, race it, crawl it, and embodies everything he does with his Jeep brand vehicles.
Rigid Industries Light Bars
Rigid Industries is on the forefront of new off-road lighting technology. Their LED light bars have revolutionized the entire off road lighting industry. A favorite choice for Jeep Wrangler owners, the 50" E-Series roof mounted light bar, and a pair of Rigid Dually lights compliment the C/R edition Jeep® Wrangler perfectly. A total of 10 forward facing bright white LEDs are installed to light the way for those after hours trail runs. Two additional Rigid bars are included in the box, just add some LEDs and hit the trail! (additional LED's sold separately)
CRC Edition Black Rock Wheels
One of the first products from the Casey Currie brand are these awesome CRC edition Black Rock Wheels. You'll always find Casey running Black Rock Wheels whether he is cruising, racing or crawling. The flat black finish combined with their great strength make them the perfect addition to the Axial C/R edition Jeep Wrangler.
- 1.9 BFGoodrich Krawler T/A KX Tires: In the full-size offroad world, they are the winner of more rock-crawling championships than all other tires combined (Race spec tire, Years 2004 through 2008). The Axial version captures the same aggressive look you’ve been waiting for in Trail/Comp sticky R35 compound. BFGoodrich® Tires and KRAWLER™ T/A® Trademarks are used under License from Michelin
- Metal Gear Tactic Servo, 151 oz-in: The included Tactic TSX45 metal gear servo is rated at 151 oz-in of torque for massive turning power and dual ball bearings provide smooth and precise movement for the metal gear train.
- Extension Wiring Harness: Wiring for the lights is neatly strung under the body and the included extension wiring harness makes it easy to remove the body when you need to get under the hood.
- Poison Spyder Rock Brawler Bumper: Officially Licensed Poison Spyder Rock Brawler front bumper adds realism and functionality. The bumper features functional D-Rings for realistic recoveries, mounting holes for LED lights and an excellent approach angle to tackle extreme terrain. * LED lights not included - optional Axial LED light systems: AXI24251 Axial NVS - Night Visions System, AXI24257 Simple LED Controller.
- Rear Bumper w/Swing Out Carrier: The Poison Spyder Rock Brawler rear bumper includes a realistic swing out tire carrier and quick release spinner for mounting the spare tire, two hooks for connecting D Rings and two holes for LED lights (LED lights not included - optional AXI24257 Simple LED Controller sold separately).
- Poison Spyder Crusher Flares: Offroading puts your vehicle right in the middle of conditions where durability matters most. The Poison Spyder Crusher Flares help protect the body from impacts and they’re designed for additional tire clearance and an aggressive look.
- 4-Link Suspension: The suspension geometry utilizes a 4-Link design for the front and rear which is optimized to reduce axle steer and torque twist. It also helps with steep off-camber climbs by having the proper amount of anti-squat and roll characteristics. The 4-Link system also aids against suspension wrap-up in high power applications.
- Axles - Proven Durability: The axles have been designed with many features that are not available from other products on the market. Everything from the axle strength, pinion angle, caster, and ground clearance were taken into consideration when designing these axles. The result is a far superior axle that will stand-up to some severe punishment. To ensure added longevity from the start, a high-tolerance sintered diff locker is included along with hardened axle shafts.
- Transmission: The transmission was designed to place the weight of the motor as low as possible to maintain a low CG (Center of Gravity). The ultra compact transmission doesn't compromise performance because it also allows for a wide range of gearing choices. The overall ratio can be adjusted from 15:1 all the way up to 74:1 using different pinion/spur gear choices which allow for super high speed or to competition level crawling speed.
- Spur Gear Cover: The protective transmission spur gear cover helps keep dirt and debris out of your pinion and spur gear for a quiet and efficient drivetrain.
- Slipper Clutch: The slipper clutch allows the motor to work more efficiently and greatly enhances the durability of the drivetrain allowing the transmission to slip in hard binds.
- 27T Motor: The Axial 27T motor supplies plenty of power for high speed trail runs or powering over obstacles. Tear up the terrain indoor or outdoors. Easy operation: no tuning, no fuel, no loud exhaust noise. Just plug n' go!
- Metal Frame Chassis: The realistic high strength c-channel chassis frame is made of durable steel with cross bracing for reinforcement and is held together with all hex hardware. Realistic looking frame and cross braces improve chassis rigidity (torsional stiffness). Realistic shock hoops with multiple shock mounting positions allows you to adjust your suspension for maximum performance. The simplified design makes maintenance and assembly quick and easy. The contoured skid plate significantly reduces hang-ups on terrain.
- Rock Sliders: Just like the real thing, our rock sliders help reduce body damage by allowing you to slide off rock obstacles. Along with the plastic bottom skid plate, these three act as a guide to maneuver your vehicle over difficult terrain to help prevent your truck from getting hung up.
- Protective Radio Box: The sealed radio box keeps your receiver safe from the elements.
- WB8 Wild Boar Driveshafts: The WB8 Wild Boar™ driveshafts are a constant velocity joint design [CVJ] which allows for efficient, friction free movement. Full metal-to-metal construction for the CVJ housing makes them durable. They're also easy to assemble and maintain!
- Heavy Duty Differential Locker: Heavy duty differential lockers are included in the front and rear axles. They’re a one piece design made from strong sintered metal which provides superior metallurgical characteristics and can be manufactured with very tight tolerances. These lockers add weight where it is needed in the axle and they reduce slop in the drivetrain by eliminating a cross pin.
- Adjustable Coilover Shocks: The shocks on the SCX10 feature dual rate springs which help deliver maximum off-road performance. They are oil filled shocks which allow you to tune the dampening rate. Shock hoops on the SCX10 frame allow for multiple shock positions for tunable performance. There's also coilover shock reservoirs for realistic scale looks.
- 2.4GHz Radio For Worry-Free Driving: The AX-3 2.4GHz transmitter is a two channel, pistol grip radio with servo reversing switches for steering and throttle, trim dials for fine tuning steering and throttle centers. The battery indicator light also lets you know when your transmitter batteries run low.
- 3-Channel 2GHz Receiver: The AR-3 2.4 GHz receiver uses no crystals so you'll experience worry free driving with no frequency conflicts. This lightweight, compact, and bind button equipped receiver with LED indicator makes setup easy!
- AE-2 ESC w/Drag Brake: The Axial AE-2 ESC was developed in partnership with Castle Creations and features LiPo cutoff, drag brake for tough crawling situations, a Tamiya style plug connector and is programmable via Castle Link™ (Castle Link™ not included - CSE010-0005-00).
Width: 9" (229mm)
Length: 21.25" (540mm)
Height: 9" (229mm)
Wheelbase: 12.3" (313mm)
Ground Clearance: 2.7" (68mm)
Weight: 4.65lb (2.1kg)
Motor: 27T 540/550 size
Radio: 2.4GHz, Two Channel
Servos: One, analog, high torque metal gear (standard size)
ESC: Forward and Reverse ESC
Needed To Complete:
- 2S 7.4V LiPo Battery Pack w/Tamiya Connector
- Compatible Battery Charger
- (4) "AA" Batteries
This product was added to our catalog on August 1, 2014.
Customers that bought this also purchased...