Bantam E-Station BC8HP NiCd/NiMH/LiIo/LiPo/LiFe/Pb Balancing Charger
This is the Bantam E-Station BC8HP Balancing Charger. The e-Station BC8HP is a rapid charger/discharger with an integrated balancing circuit, which is computerized with a high performance microprocessor and specialized operating software. This high-performance rapid charger/discharger provides 280 watts of charging power with the installed firmware upgradeable via USB PC link and includes a temperature sensor. The BC8HP features a charge current up to 12A, discharge current up to 7A, and can charge Lithium based cells from 1 to 8S (LiIo/LiPo/LiFe), as well as 1 to 18 NiCd/NiMH cells, and 2 to 24V Lead-acid (Pb) batteries.
Software Updates are available here.
- Input Power Source Requirement: When the charger runs at maximum power, the input power should be enough to run the charger effectively. If the input voltage is lower than 11V, the charger may shut down or limited by its circuit power. To utilize the chargerís maximum power, the input power source should have good power above 15V and 35A. If the input voltage is lower than 12V, the chargerís charging power may be limited.
- Operating Software: Every operating program in the unit is controlled with mutual links and communications to prevent every possible error, so it introduces the maximum safety, such as input voltage warning, reverse polarity protection and Lithium cell-count input error warning. The entire firmware can be upgraded via USB from internet download at our web page, when there needs to be changed.
- High-Power & High-Performance Circuit: The BC8HP has a maximum output power of 280 Watts. As a result, it can charge or discharge up to 27 cells of NiCd/NiMH and 8S Lithium batteries with a maximum current of 12A. Furthermore, the cooling system is so efficient that can operate at this high amp rate without any trouble running the circuit or the operating program.
- Accept Three types of Lithium Battery: Different Lithium battery chemistry's require different charging parameters depending on their chemistry. The BC8HP can charge the three most common types of Lithium battery - LiIo, LiPo and LiFe.
- Lithium battery 'Fast' & 'Storage' Mode: The 'Fast' charge mode reduces the charging time, while the 'Storage' mode controls the final voltage of the battery for long time storage.
- Data Store/Load: The BC8HP can store the data for 10 different batteries. You can establish the program settings of the battery to charge or discharge. This data can be called back at any time you need and the process can be executed without changing program settings.
- Maximum Safety:
- Delta-Peak Sensitivity: The automatic charge termination program works on the principle of the Delta-peak voltage detection. (NiCd/NiMH)
- Auto-Charge Current Limit: When charging NiCd or NiMH at 'AUTO' current mode, you can set the upper limit of charge current to avoid from feeding high current to the battery. This is very useful when charging low impedance and small capacity NiMH battery in 'AUTO' mode.
- Capacity Limit: The charging capacity is calculated by multiplying the charging current and time. If the charging capacity exceeds the limit the process will be terminated automatically when you set the maximum value.
- Temperature Limit: The temperature of the battery on charging or discharging will be raised by its internal chemical reaction. If you set the limit of temperature the charge process will be stopped when the limit has been reached.
- Processing Time Limit: You can also adjust the maximum processing time to prevent any possible defects.
- Cyclic Charging/Discharging: Perform 1 to 5 cycles of charge>discharge or discharge>charge continually for battery refreshing and balancing at both outputs.
- PC Based Analysis Using USB Communication: For technical experts, the BC8HP offers PC based programming that can analyze the characteristic of the battery via the USB port. It shows a graph of voltage, current, capacity and temperature curves. It also shows the individual voltage of each cell in the Lithium battery pack. This program can run on both outputs with a single USB link to PC.
User Adjustable Parameters:
- Lithium battery voltage type: LiIo: 3.6V, LiPo: 3.7V, LiFe: 3.3V
- NiCd Delta-peak voltage sensitivity: Zero, Delicate, 5 to 20mV
- NiMH Delta-peak voltage sensitivity: Zero, Delicate, 5 to 20mV
- NiMH Delta-peak Delay time: 1 ~ 15 min.
- Battery temperature cut-off: 20 to 80C or OFF
- Waste time between charge/discharge: 1 to 60 min.
- Trickle charge mode: ON/OFF, up to 200mA
- Integral timer limit for safety: 10 to 720 min.or OFF
- Maximum charging capacity limit for safety: 10 to 9990mAh or OFF
- Key beep and buzzer sound: ON/OFF
- Input power low alert: 10 to 11V
Operating Voltage: DC 11~18 volts
Idling Current: approx. 100mA
Charge/Discharge Power: max. 280/30W
NiCd/MH: 1 ~ 27 cells
LiIo/LiPo/LiFe: 1 ~ 8 S
Pb: 2 ~ 36V
Charge Current: 0.1 to 12.0A
Discharge Current: 0.1 to 7.0A
No. of Cycle: 1 to 5 times
Battery Data Memory: up to 10 data
- EAC116: 4mm gold banana plug with silicon cable
- EAC134: Balance adaptor board for Align-type LiPo
- EAC400: USB cable set for PC link
This product was added to our catalog on September 21, 2010.