Hot Bodies D812 1/8 Off Road Competition Buggy Kit
This is the Hot Bodies D812 1/8 Off Road Competition Buggy Kit. The D812 features all the refinements and improvements that have been developed during the 2012-2013 racing season by the HB racing team. Starting with the basis of the World Champion D8 buggy, and improving even on the Vice World Champion Hara Edition, the D812 features improvements that take the D8 to the next level in every way. Monocoque suspension arms allow you to tune the suspension setup for extra flex or increased rigidity for a completely unique driving feel. The drivetrain gears have been lightened to provide faster acceleration and quicker in-air pitch control, while re-designed CVD boots retain grease and help keep out dirt to extend the life of your drive axles. Aluminum drive axles, caster blocks and rear hubs improve on the already legendary durability of the D8.
The D812 also features the same ease of maintenance and setup that racers have come to love, such as a one-piece radio tray for easy cleaning, and a single CNC engine mount so you can 'set and forget' your gear mesh. The D812 is completely updated with the latest input from HB team drivers Ty Tessmann and Atsushi Hara - from the front to rear, the car is fully optimized for top-level racing! The chassis is constructed from tough and lightweight aluminum, and is designed to be narrow with all of its components sitting as low as possible. The narrowness and low CG allows for the best handling propertes, which when combined with World-class suspension design, gives the HB racing team the unfair advantage on the track.
A sturdy C-hub style front suspension handles things up front, with aluminum uprights, graphite steering knuckle arms and steel turnbuckles. Aluminum uprights and steel turnbuckles take care of getting the power to the ground at the rear end. The shocks are long-stroke versions of the World Champion HB Big Bore shocks, which feature aluminum bodies with threaded bodies and threaded top and bottom caps. Controlling the chassis roll at each end of the car are conventional wire sway bars.
- Centralized chassis weight for superior handling
- Monocoque style suspension arms for strength, stiffness, and ease of cleaning
- HB Big Bore threaded aluminum shocks for excellent suspension control
- Race-optimized steering
- Long stroke shocks for long suspension travel
- Lightweight drivetrain gears have less rotational mass for quicker acceleration
- Lightweight aluminum axles
- Graphite steering knuckle arms
- One-piece engine mount for easy engine installation without resetting gear mesh
- Aluminum front and rear shock towers
- CVD boots to retain grease in axles and keep dirt out
- Adjustable hinge pin heights, kickup, and anti-squat angle
- Adjustable rear toe-in (inboard and outboard)
- Steel skid plate in chassis to extend chassis life
- Aluminum front caster blocks
- Aluminum rear hub carriers
- One-piece radio tray
- Fuel clunk for continuous fuel pick-up even when upside down
- Low-profile air filter
- Front and rear anti-roll bars
- Threaded outer hinge pins
- Steel turnbuckles
- 2012 ROAR National Champion!
Wheelbase: 327mm (adjustable)
Needed to Complete:
- .21 size racing buggy engine
- Tuned exhaust pipe and header
- 2-channel radio system with 2 servos, receiver and battery
- Fuel bottle
- Receiver battery pack
- Glow ignitor
- Starter box
- Polycarbonate paint
This product was added to our catalog on August 26, 2013.
Customers that bought this also purchased...
FREE Shipping Eligible!