Kyosho Inferno MP9 TKI3 Competition 1/8 Off Road Buggy Kit
This is the Kyosho Inferno MP9 TKI3 Competition 1/8 Off Road Buggy. The time has arrived to experience the Inferno’s legendary racing performance. With a total of 8 Off-Road World Championship Victories, including A Main Hobbies-sponsored team driver Cody King's triumph in 2010, the Kyosho Inferno series has established an unrivaled record of success. Tested at numerous international racing events, and proven with Jared Tebo's dominating performance at Neo 2012, design upgrades in multiple areas have elevated the MP9 chassis to another level.
The TKI3 chassis design focus is on efficient traction and is realized through short suspension arms and unique rear hubs that produce effective traction with a light suspension stroke. The shock design has changed from spacer setting adjustment to dial adjustment and includes the previously optional tapered hole shock pistons that produce optimal piston speed and damping power during long runs. Other features include a low-height body design with less front-end resistance that generates improved aerodynamics for a competitive edge, as well as stable posture through the air. With the power of the worlds most advanced racing platform firmly in your grasp, the innovative design of the TKI3 puts racing glory within your reach.
TKI 3 Features:
- HD Universals: 3.5mm thick swing shafts, much stronger than the previous version.
- Heavy Duty Shock Tower: Strengthened front shock tower features thicker construction giving you the ability to handle what ever your local track can dish out. Similar to what was used during the IFMAR 2011 Worlds.
- Redesigned Battery & Receiver Box: Redesigned molded battery and receiver box, which is compatible with KO Propo switch.
- Redesigned Servo Tray: Servo tray allows for precise, effective and linear linkage movement.
- Move Up: The radio tray has also undergone change which now allows for easy servo maintenance and replacement.
- Threaded Big Bore Shocks: Dial adjustable big bore shocks allow precision adjustment of front-rear and left-right suspension. (Front: Small / Rear: Medium)
- MP9 Wheel: Lightweight dish wheels provide optimal rigidity, traction and effective tire grip.
- Tapered Shock Pistons: Shock pistons with tapered holes deliver optimal oil flow resistance and piston speed for superior damping effectiveness.
- Improved King Pin Design: Longer king pin and longer flanged collar improves reliability and prevents knuckle coming loose in the event of hard contact or a crash.
- Redesigned Arms: Redesigned and reinforced for extra strength around the stabilizer mounting holes on the front lower suspension arms.
- Aluminum Wing & Radio Posts: Machined aluminum wing stay posts and radio plate posts deliver improved reliability through increased strength and rigidity.
- Suspension Bushings: White suspension bushings are included to provide you with high visibility of your setup.
- Aluminum Rear Hubs: Aluminum rear hubs effectively realizes shorter suspension arms to deliver reactive movement for traction efficiency.
- Body Design: Low-height body design with less front-end resistance that generates aerodynamics for a competitive edge and stable posture through the air.
- Air Filter: This high capacity air filter allows a long and consistent air feed to your engine.
- Ultra Low C.O.G: Ultra low center of gravity, lightweight and optimal weight balance all combine to deliver the ultimate racing weapon.
- More Down Force: Large bolt on wing generates powerful down force. Ribbing at the back results in improved rigidity.
- 7075 Grade Aluminum: Hard main chassis, hard shock stay, big bore shocks and aluminum knuckle arms made from 7075-grade aluminum, realize great strength, durability and rigidity.
- Hard Anodized Components: The shock stay and main chassis are hard anodized for improved resistance against dirt and damage.
- Composite Torque Rods: Resin torque rods fitted on front and rear contributes to moderate flexibility and smooth running performance.
- Endless Adjustments: Roll center can be adjusted by changing the direction of the spacer inserted into the lower arm of the rear suspension. Also, the one-piece ball and washer ball-ends are an added maintenance feature
- Upright Servo: Servo is mounted upright for easy maintenance and is dropped 2mm to contribute to the lower center of gravity. The hard chrome finish to the metal parts is more resistant to damage and dirt than anodizing.
- Extremely Light Weight: The smaller differential units on front and rear with grooved cup joints, aluminum balls and the flexing shape of resin parts effectively lightens the weight while giving the chassis rigidity, more durability and strength.
- Fuel Tank: Features finger hook for fast and reliable refueling and realizes stable fuel supply in even under severe posture changes.
- Wraparound Side Guards: Grooved face in side guard matches the thickness of velcro tape and prevents dirt getting inside the chassis. Complete wraparound side guards only found on Kyosho MP9.
- Equipped With Mud Guards: Mud guards on the rear arm prevent dirt entering the drive shaft and getting inside the wheels.
- Kyosho Has You Covered: 3 types of servo horn included for various R/C systems (SANWA / KO / for JR, FUTABA and Hitech)
- Hex Screws: Kit includes all hex screws enough said!
- Weight Balance: Engine position moved 15mm forwards and 5mm to the center compared to the MP777. Also the height has been lowered by 1mm for ideal weight balance.
- Suspension Design: Suspension uses bushing for easy maintenance and rationalizes the setting order.
- Increased Diff Case Capacity: Center differential realizes improved heat dissipating brake disc and increased case capacity for stable control through to the end of the race.
- Optimal Race Settings: Fine tune for the optimal race setting with adjustments to wheelbase, tread, roll center, caster angle, toe angle and camber change.
- 3 Differentials = Real Time 4WD: Features the Inferno's signature shaft-driven 3-differential full time 4WD chassis.
- All made in Japan! Everything from the ground up is made in Japan for the highest level of quality and reliability.
Length: 490mm (19.2in)
Width: 307mm (12.0in)
Height: 180mm (7.0in)
Wheelbase: 325mm (12.7in)
Ground Clearance: 28mm (0.8in)
Gear Ratio: 11.7:1
- TKI 3 Kit
- Clear Body
- Wheel Set
- Decal Sheet
- Instruction Manual
- 2-channel, 2-servo R/C System for cars
- 21-class Engine & Tuned Pipe
- Engine starting tools
- Batteries for R/C system
- Tires, Inserts & CA Glue
- Fuel & Fuel Bottle
- Polycarbonate Paint for Body
- Silicone Shock Fluid
- Tools for Assembly
This product was added to our catalog on April 25, 2012.
Customers that bought this also purchased...