Kyosho Scorpion 2014 1/10 2wd Buggy Kit
This is the Kyosho Scorpion 2014 1/10 2wd Buggy Kit. The legendary Kyosho Scorpion is known for being the first truly scale looking R/C buggy that could deliver race worthy on track performance. Even 30 years after its 1982 release, the Scorpion has left a lasting mark with enthusiasts around the world, being one of the most highly sought after cars by vintage collectors. Combining the unmistakable look of the original with modern features and upgrades, the Scorpion 2014 delivers strength, performance and durability that cannot be matched by the original model.
A two-piece die-cast aluminum gearbox has been combined with a slipper clutch to protect the transmission and a gear differential to improve the durability and driving experience. Precision 48 pitch gears reduce traction pulsation for improved control characteristics, while the underside of the countersunk chassis has no protruding screw heads for minimal ground contact, increasing durability. Stainless shock shafts and aluminum shock bodies offer a smooth shock stroke from top to bottom, and a majority of the self tapping screws have been replaced with improved lightweight hex machine screws for easier maintenance.
Like the original Scorpion, the 2014 is packaged as an unassembled kit, but the transmission and shocks have been factory assembled to simplify the build. So whether you are a veteran racer reliving the magic of the early days of R/C racing or a modern day racer that wants to experience the thrill of racing the vintage class, pick up a Scorpion 2014 and see why the Scorpion deserves its reputation as one of the greatest cars of all time.
- Classic Kyosho Scorpion design
- Forged 6061 T6 aluminum front and rear suspension arms
- Wide front tread offers increased stability
- Two-piece die-cast aluminum gearbox
- Slipper clutch to tune for various surface conditions
- Sintered alloy and nylon 48 pitch gears deliver superior efficiency
- Includes gears for high-speed and low-speed settings
- Ultima RB ball differential can be used as an optional upgrade (not included)
- 6061 T6 aluminum main frame, front & rear shock stays and sub frame plate
- Underside of chassis is countersunk for a flat finish
- Oil shocks with aluminum shock bodies and stainless shock shafts
- Original tire styling combined with an updated high grip pattern
- Rear tires equipped with tire inserts
- Realistic molded wheels with a satin chrome finish
- Radio box provides clean looking cable management and is suitable for the shape and size of most modern batteries
- Separate driver figure head and nylon wing deliver realistic scale looks
Tread (F/R): 198mm /195mm
Tire (F/R): 75×20mm / 85×41mm
Gear Ratio: H setting 6.9：1, L setting 8.3:1 (2 combinations included)
Weight: 985g approx. （w/out R/C system & battery)
- Unassembled kit (gearbox and oil shocks are pre-assembled)
- Clear polycarbonate body
- L-shape hex wrench
- Cross wrench
- Shock wrench
- Shock oil
- Threadlock glue
- 2 channel surface transmitter
- Steering servo
- 540-class motor (30-27 turns recommended)
- ESC compatible with motor
- Battery pack for chassis and compatible charger
- Paint for polycarbonate body
- Batteries for transmitter
- Tools for assembly (1.5, 2.0, 3.0mm hex wrench)
This product was added to our catalog on July 8, 2014.
Customers that bought this also purchased...