Novak EDGE 2S Brushless Electronic Speed Control w/Tamiya Connector
This is the Novak EDGE 2S Brushless Electronic Speed Control, with a factory installed Tamiya Connector. The EDGE 2S Brushless ESC is an incredible combination of affordability and performance, all packed into a ROAR approved package. This ESC is perfect for all types of racing, including 2WD Short Course, Off-Road, On-Road and Sportsman classes. Featuring simple and easy-to-use on-board programming, diagnostic tools, and temperature protection, this ESC has it all. It is hard to find an ESC with comparable features at this price.
IDEAL FOR VEHICLES WITH LIMITED SPACE: With its compact and lightweight design, the EDGE is ideal for all 1/10th and 1/12th scale applications, but it is especially suited for vehicles with little room for electronics. With a footprint 35% smaller than the GTB 2, the EDGE is sure to fit in any vehicle. But don’t let its small size fool you, this is a feature-packed ESC! In addition to utilizing the same software as Novak’s popular Sportsman class GTB 2 ESC, the EDGE also boasts a low profile heat sink and an easy, “Plug-and-Play” set-up. No soldering required, just plug it in and start racing!
EASY-TO-USE FEATURES: Novak’s new EDGE ESC contains the latest R/C technology on the market, yet remains remarkably easy to use. Novak’s One-Touch Set-Up™ circuitry allows quick and easy set-up to the transmitter. Utilizing the One-Touch button and five LEDs, the EDGE boasts 12 adjustable parameters for complete customization; allowing the ESC to grow with you while your skills improve and your racing demands increase.
As racing can often push the limits of the electronics, the EDGE is equipped with sophisticated Thermal Overload Protection to protect the ESC from overheating. Additionally, like the rest of Novak’s top-of-the-line ESCs, the EDGE features built-in temperature monitoring circuitry to determine the ESCs operating temperature with a quick tap of the One-Touch button. Complete with built-in Voltage Cut-Off circuitry for both LiPo and LiFe batteries, the EDGE has it all.
The EDGE ESC also features zero motor timing advance and meets ROAR Sportsman Class guidelines for fair and consistent performance on the track.
- ROAR Approved
- Factory-wired with a Tamiya®-style battery connector and gold-plated bullet-style motor connector
- Affordable performance, compact and lightweight design
- Multiple adjustable parameters via on-board programming: Minimum Brake (0-30%), Drag Brake (0-30%), Minimum Drive (0-15%), Dead Band (2-8%), Throttle Curve (Linear/Expo), Brake Curve (Linear/Expo), Brake Frequency (1.67-13.7 KHz), Brake End Point (10-100%), Drive Frequency (16-7 KHz), Motor Rotation, Reverse, and Voltage Cut-Off
- User-friendly One-Touch programming interface with five colored status LEDs to help personalize the speed control’s feel and response
- Ideal for all 1/10th and 1/12th applications including 2WD Short Course, Off-Road and On-Road
- Compatible with all ROAR-legal sensored 540 motors 10.5T and higher and all 380-size sensored motors
- Built-in diagnostic temperature monitoring that lets you quickly check the ESC’s operating temperature at any time
- On-board Hall Sensor Test to easily and quickly verify that the motor's sensors are working properly
- NovaBrakes™ provide smooth, controlled and powerful brakes under any condition
- Sensor-based for excellent torque and low-speed driveability
- Water-resistant case with a silicone gasket case to help keep the elements out
- Thermal Overload Protection circuitry to protect the ESC from overheating
- Built-in Voltage Cut-Off circuitry prevents damage to LiPo/LiFe batteries
- Meets RoHS compliance and includes a 1 Year Manufacturers Warranty
- Designed, assembled and tested by Novak in Irvine, Calif., using globally sourced components
Design: Sensor based
ESC Weight (without wires): 0.69 oz. (19.5 g)
Input Voltage: 2S LiPo/LiFe cells or 4-7 NiMH cells (1.2V/cell)
ESC Footprint: 1.15x0.95x0.66" (29.0x24.3x16.8mm)
Motor Limit: 540 (10.5T and higher) sensored brushless motor; all 380 sensored brushless motors
On-Resistance: 0.00057 ohms @ 25°C trans. temp.
BEC: 6.0 volts DC / 2.0 amps
Status LEDs: 5
Voltage Cut-Offs: 6.25V (Li-Po), 4.75V (Li-Fe)
Power Wires (battery/motor): 14G Super-Flex Copper-Strand Silicone Wire
This product was added to our catalog on August 30, 2011.
FREE Shipping Eligible!