Novak EDGE 2S Brushless ESC/Ballistic Boss VTA Brushless Motor System w/Tamiya Connector (25.5T)
This is the Novak EDGE 2S Brushless ESC/Ballistic Boss VTA Brushless Motor System. VTA racing has been leading the charge at tracks and series events across the nation. The search for the most competitively priced and race-ready system can leave a racer confused. The race-proven ESC and VTA favorite, Edge Brushless ESC, has been paired with an updated 25.5 turn Ballistic Boss VTA Edition motor. Novak has added the improvements from the Vulcan motor to the original 25.5 turn Ballistic VTA motor to create the Boss VTA 25.5. Using the Ballistic 25.5 stator ensures VTA racers have the same proven power platform as the original Ballistic 25.5 motor, but with a fresh look, cleaner assembly, cooling vents and a great price!
The Edge has been a favorite speed control among all forms of non-timing spec racers. The small size and race-proven roots have pushed both VTA and Spec racers to the tops of podiums across the nation. The Edge uses the same basic firmware package as the Novak GTB 2, but packed into a smaller package that is the base platform of the Impact pro-level ESC. The Edge features no dynamic timing advance, so it is approved for all forms of non-ramping, non-timing spec mode racing. Pre-Installed, high-efficiency 14-gauge wires and gold plated copper motor connectors will have your VTA ride on the track in minutes turning laps!
IDEAL FOR VEHICLES WITH LIMITED SPACE
With its compact and lightweight design, the Edge is ideal for all 1/10th and 1/12th scale applications, but it is especially suited for vehicles with little room for electronics. With a footprint 35% smaller than the GTB 3, the EDGE is sure to fit in any vehicle. However, don’t let its small size fool you. This is a feature-packed ESC with “Plug-and-Play” set-up. No soldering. Just plug it in and start racing!
EASY TO USE FEATURES
Novak's Edge ESC contains the latest R/C technology on the market, yet remains remarkably easy to use. Novak's One-Touch Set-Up circuitry allows quick and easy setup to the transmitter. Utilizing the One-Touch button and five LEDs, the Edge boasts 12 adjustable parameters for complete customization, allowing the ESC to grow with you while your skills improve and your racing demands increase. As racing can often push the limits of the electronics, the Edge is equipped with sophisticated Thermal Overload Protection to protect the ESC from overheating. Additionally, like the rest of Novak's top-of-the-line ESCs, the Edge features built-in temperature monitoring circuitry to determine the ESCs operating temperature with a quick tap of the One-Touch button. Complete with built-in Voltage Cut-Off circuitry for both LiPo and LiFe batteries, the Edge has it all. The Edge ESC also features zero motor timing advance and and is approved for ROAR Sportsman Class for fair and consistent performance on the track.
NOVAK BUILT AND SUPPORTED
Novak takes pride in its manufacturing facility in Lake Forest, California and also with its use of high-quality components and assembly and testing processes. Each Novak EDGE 2S/Ballistic Boss VTA Race Combo is built and tested in the Novak factory to Novak’s exacting standards. All Novak products are supported by Novak’s knowledgeable customer support staff and race team.
- Affordable race performance combo approved for USVTA racing
- Pro-level motor with cooling vents for improved airflow and lower operating temps
- Compact and lightweight ESC design and fits in vehicles with tight spaces for electronics
- Full onboard programming for quick and complete customization:
- Drive Tuning: Drive Frequency, Minimum Drive
- Brake Tuning: Brake Frequency, Drag Brake, Minimum Brake, Brake End Point
- Additional Tuning: Dead Band, Reverse Disable, Motor Rotation, and Voltage Cutoff
- Built-in diagnostic temperature monitoring that lets you quickly check the ESC's operating temperature at any time
- Onboard Hall Sensor Test to easily and quickly verify that the motor's sensors are working properly
- NovaBrakes™ provide smooth, controlled and powerful brakes under any condition
- Sensor-based for excellent torque and optimum controllability
- Water-resistant case with a silicone gasket case to help keep the elements out
- Thermal Overload Protection circuitry to protect the ESC from overheating
- Adjustable motor timing for fine-tuning the motor's feel and powerband
- Completely rebuildable design with removable shielded sensor harness, rotor, sensor assembly, wound stator, bearing cap, hardware, sleeve and both end bells
- Built-in Voltage Cut-Off circuitry prevents damage to LiPo/LiFe batteries
- Carries Team Novak’s commitment to excellent quality and support, and a 1 year manufacturers warranty
- Designed and manufactured by Novak Electronics in Lake Forest, California using the best components from around the globe. All ESCs and motors are 100% tested to ensure product works right out of the box and on the track!
- Motor Type: Sensored Brushless
- Fwd/Brk/Rev: F / B / R
- Input Cells (LiPo/Ni-MH): 2S LiPo/LiFe cells or 4-7 NiMH cells (1.2V/cell)
- Size (in/mm): 1.15" x 0.95" x 0.66" (29.0 x 24.3 x 16.8 mm)
- Weight (oz/g): 0.69 oz. (19.5 g)
- On-Resistance (ohms): 0.00057 ohms @ 25°C trans. temp.
- Motor Limit
- 540-Size: 10.5T or higher sensored
- 380-Size: all sensored
- BEC (volts / amps): 6.0 volts DC / 2.0 amps
- Wire Size (GA): 14G Super-Flex Copper-Strand Silicone Wire and gold-plated Bullet motor plugs factory installed
- Status LEDs: 5
- Motor Turn: 25.5T
- Motor Size (540): 2.07" x 1.41" (52.6 x 35.8mm)
- Motor Weight: 6.2 oz. (175.8)
- Shaft Diameter (inches): 0.125
- Kv (Unloaded): 1,550 RPM/volt
- Watts: 82
- Magnetic Material: Sintered Neodymium
- Design: Sensored
This product was added to our catalog on July 4, 2013.
Customers that bought this also purchased...
FREE Shipping Eligible!