Novak Eiger Pro Crawling Brushed ESC & 3A BEC Combo (2S/3S)
This is the Novak Eiger Pro Crawling Brushed ESC and 3 Amp BEC Combo. The Eiger mountain towers amongst the giants of the Swiss Alps topping some 13,000 plus feet. Let Novak’s Eiger Pro 2S/3S Crawling Brush ESC power you to mountain-high adventures as well! The tiny Eiger Pro is packed with all the features you need, and is easier to use and more adjustable than any ESC in its class. Tuning on the rocks is as easy as 1-2-3. No programmers or wires to fuss with! With four on-board adjustments, the Novak Eiger Pro Crawling ESC can be customized to suit any type of crawling.
The Eiger Pro is compatible with 2S LiPo packs and has a built-in, heavy-duty 2-amp BEC that will power high torque single servo setups with ease. The Eiger Pro is also compatible with 3S LiPo packs! The Novak Eiger Pro 2S/3S Crawling Brushed ESC includes Novak’s High-Voltage Universal 3-Amp BEC Module (NOV5463), and features superior transistors for unmatched on-the-rock performance. If you require the best and fastest on the rocks, the Eiger Pro can handle a 20-turn motor on 3S with no problem.
NOT JUST FOR CRAWLING
The Eiger Pro ESC comes ready to crawl, and will default to the normal rock crawling settings: forward and reverse with high-power drag brake. Not only can you adjust the power of your Drag/Hill Brakes via the simple on-board programming, but you can turn them off completely. This will set the speed control in normal “Basher” mode with forward, brake, and reverse operation -just like a regular, non-crawling ESC! It’s the best of both worlds. Crawling and bashing!
BRUSHED & BRUSHLESS
The Eiger Pro has been updated to operate brushless motors in addition to brushed motors. This can be identified by an orange case, full-size heat sink, and different solder tab position. An additional motor wire is installed on the Eiger for this compatibility to hook up a 10.5-turn or higher brushless motor with 2S LiPo packs. Simply set the profile to "Brushless" mode, and the Eiger can be used for brushless spec class racing, crawling (when used with a Novak crawling brushless motor), or bashing around. The brushless mode includes on-board programming to customize and fine-tune the ESC feel.
Eiger Pro Features:
- Designed especially for the demands of crawling vehicles to maneuver over the toughest terrain, and also works great for non-crawling applications
- Compact and lightweight design
- Compatible with brushed and sensored brushless motors. For brushless crawling, the Eiger is compatible with Novak's Ballistic Crawling and Three-80 Crawling brushless motors
- On-Board Customization:
- Brushed Mode: 4 adjustable parameters
- Drive Mode (5 settings- Bash, Servo, Crawling/Low Brakes, Crawling-Low Brakes, Crawling/Med Brakes, Crawling/High Brakes )
- Drive Frequency (6 settings)
- Deadband (5 settings)
- Voltage Cut-Off (OFF-LiPo-LiFe)
- Brushless Mode: 7 adjustable parameters- Drag/Hill Brakes (10 settings), Brake Frequency (10 settings), Drive Frequency (10 settings), Dead Band (5 settings), Minimum Drive (10 settings), Motor Rotation (CCW-CW), and Voltage Cut-Off (OFF-LiPo-LiFe)
- Water-resistant case with silicone gasket seal to help keep out the elements
- Built-In Voltage Cut-Off Circuitry prevents damage to LiPo batteries (auto detects 2S or 3S)
- Built-In 6V output for optional accessory fan or other detail items such as running lights
- User friendly One-Touch programming interface with four multi-colored status LEDs to help personalize the speed control's settings
- Novak's One-Touch Set-Up™ for quick, easy transmitter set-up
- Heavy-duty, internal 2A BEC for high-torque single servo applications. Don’t let the specs fool you—all ESC’s BECs are not created equal. The Eiger’s 2A BEC will go toe-to-toe with many other higher rated units.
- The Eiger Pro includes an external 3A BEC for 3S battery pack usage.
- Three Brushed ESCs in one—The Eiger Pro has a non-crawling, Basher Mode and can be used in any 1/10th, 1/12th, 1/16th, or 1/18th application with a 20T or higher brushed motor. Additionally, The Eiger Pro has a Servo Mode for forward and reverse directions (no brakes) that can be used for robotic applications.
- Built-in diagnostic temperature monitoring lets you quickly check the ESC's operating temperature at any time
- Thermal Overload Protection circuitry to protect the ESC from overheating
- Gold-plated direct-solder wiring tabs for flexible soldering options
- The Eiger Pro is factory-wired with gold-plated Bullet motor plugs.
- Factory installed power capacitor
- User-replaceable input harness
- Meets RoHS compliance and includes a 1 Year Manufacturers Warranty
- Designed, assembled and tested by Novak in Irvine, Calif., using globally sourced components
Eiger Pro Specifications:
Motor Compatibility: Brush
Fwd/Brk/Rev: F/Drag Brakes/R (crawling modes); F/B/R (basher mode); F/R (servo mode); F/B/R (brushless profile)
Input Cells: Brushed: 2-3S LiPo or 4-9 NiMH; Brushless: 2S LiPo
Size: 1.15x0.95x0.79” (29.0x24.3x20mm)
Weight (w/o wires): 0.75 oz. (21.31g)
On-Resistance: 0.00057 ohms
Motor Limit: 2S Brushed: 540-size: 20T or higher; Any 380-size. 3S Brushed: 540-size: 20T (Eiger Pro); Any 380-size. 2S Brushless*: 540-size: 10.5T or higher; Any 380-size (*2-pole, sensor-based, mechanically timed to 30 degrees)
BEC: 6V DC / 2A
Wire Size: 14G Super-Flex Copper-Strand Silicone Wire
Battery/Motor Plug: Gold-plated Bullet motor plugs factory installed. No battery plug.
Status LEDs: 4 (multi-colored)
This product was added to our catalog on January 8, 2015.
Customers that bought this also purchased...
FREE Shipping Eligible!