Serpent Cobra GT-e 1/8th Electric On Road Sedan Kit
This is the Serpent Cobra GT-e 1/8 Scale Electric On Road Sedan Kit. Based on the Cobra platform, the GT-e is designed for asphalt tracks and features many high end parts one would expect from Serpent; 7075-T6 aluminum chassis, Carbon Fiber shock towers, durable spring-steel drivetrain, three gear differentials, low longitudinal battery-boxes and a captured foam bumper. With Serpent engineering, the GT-e has the pedigree to get you on the podium right out of the box.
- Chassis plate: 3mm 7075 T6 aluminum with machined pockets to create flex and or make lighter. Kick-up angle on front as needed due to the race-rules. Slots to locate the front and rear suspension mounts precisely. Angled sides to increase stiffness. Open pockets to access flywheel and 2-speed gearbox. Laser engraved logo.
- Bumper: Captured foam bumper set, with wide foam bumper and strong upper and lower bumper-plate.
- Chassis stiffeners: Composite stiffener front and rear, to give extra stiffness, but still allow some flex as needed.
- Central radio / Servo mount: Composite radio box offers space for the up-right steering-servo, the receiver and sufficient space for the electronic speed controller. The whole assembly, including linkages, can be taken off easily and fast in one go, when cleaning the car, or doing maintenance.
- Battery-cases / Side guards: Extremely low lay down longitudinal placed battery cases at each side of the car. Battery cases are part of the side-guards and secure down with a flip-lid for easy and fast battery changes while complying with the dimensions of ROAR legal battery packs. The low equally distributed battery weight makes the car very well balanced.
- Servo arms and linkages: The servo arms have a splined insert to have the right fit per brand. The linkage assemblies run clean and tight and are easy to access to modify settings.
- Suspension brackets: Beautifully machined and anodized 7065-T6 suspension brackets, laser engraved. Precision fit for the nylon roll center inserts and pivot balls / pins.
- Steering block assembly: Composite steering blocks combined with 10° C-hubs for precise steering. Spring steel wheel-axles with 8x16x5mm and 15x21x4mm large size bearings with precision threaded aluminum offset wheel-hubs. Flanged and serrated wheel nuts guarantee that you will not loose a wheel nut in a race.
- Front suspension: Durable over sized lower suspension arms in strong composite nylon. On the lower side the special down stop screws are mounted. The lower shock-mounting pins are secured with a small grub screw from the bottom.
- Front anti-roll bar: The ball raced front anti-roll bar system consists of a spring steel wire, which is guided through the diff-cases and run in ball raced steel adapters. The wire is linked to the lower suspension arm, with a captured adjustable threaded pivot ball, for very precise and low friction operation.
- Front shock tower and body mounts: 4.5mm thick carbon shock tower with 5 upper positioning holes for the shocks and 6 holes for roll-center positions. 1 centrally located adjustable body mount, and 2 forward mounted adjustable body mounts, all with flip-tops.
- Angled steering system / servo saver: The bell cranks are angled to reduce the angle of difference between the total caster and steering plane. Therefore you will have less bump steer and a precise steering Ackerman through the entire range of suspension.
- Ackerman plates: Due to the design of the steering bell cranks you will not need to adjust your steering tie rods when changing the Ackerman. You only need to adjust your end points on your radio.
- Rear suspension arms: Durable over sized lower suspension arms in strong composite nylon. On the lower side the down stops screws are mounted. The lower shock-mounting pins are secured with a small grub screw from the bottom.
- Rear upright assembly: Composite uprights with 3 upper roll-center positions. Strong steel track-rods with L/R threading and strong ball joints to pre-set camber. Spring steel wheel-axles with large size 8x16x5mm and 15x21x4mm bearings with precision threaded offset aluminum wheel-hubs. Rubber dust covers in the rear protect the cvd system and keep the lubrication inside. Flanged and serrated wheel nuts to guarantee that you will not loose a wheel nut in a race.
- Rear anti-roll bar: The ball raced front anti-roll bar system consists of a spring steel wire, which is guided through the diff-cases and runs in ball raced steel adapters. The wire is linked to the lower suspension arm, with a captured adjustable threaded pivot ball, for precise and low friction operation.
- Shock tower rear: 4.5mm thick carbon shock tower for extra stiffness, with 5 upper positioning holes for the shocks and 6 holes for roll-center positions.
- Rear wing mount and body mounts: Composite rear wing, with strong nylon adjustable rear body mounts on wide body-support bridge located far enough to the rear, to support the body.
- Captured pivot pins and balls and bolted hinge pins: All spring-steel hinge pins are either captured or bolted in place and made in spring-steel quality. This insures your chances to finish an hour long main event, while battling for the lead. This relieves stress on the hinge pin when adjusting the kick up, or anti squat. Your pin is free to rotate to any angle without binding.
- Shock absorbers big-bore 16mm: Hard Teflon coated threaded shock bodies with 4mm shock-rods. Black anodized aluminum screw on shock-tops with Serpent laser engraving. Pre-load adjusters with o-rings inside. Shocks use large diameter membranes and large diameter o-rings and bushings to create a super smooth and leak-proof package. Large diameter pistons are held in place by a nut on the polished shock-rods tops. Open type spring retainer to let dirt out easy.
- RCM shock springs: Short type color coded shock springs are supplied for the 1st standard set-up. Springs are ground flat top and bottom, and checked individually for tension and length.
- Motor mount: Machined 7075-T6 aluminum motor-mount with secures with one-screw and uses easy slider system for gear mesh adjustments. The motor mount is flex-free and very strong. The space for the motor allows a maximum motor-length of 72mm, which covers most widely used motors.
- Compact gear differentials: Very compact gear differentials with smooth metal sintered gears, and steel shaft. Perfect sealing case with special gasket and o-rings. Very light and durable outdrive cups in spring-steel. Hardened spring-steel 13 Tooth differential-coupler with connector running in 2 oversized 8x19x6mm and 13x19x4mm bearings.
- Front and rear CVD set: Both front and rear captured driveshafts are used with the CVD system. Durable yet light spring steel engraved driveshafts with hard steel pins.
- Spring steel transmission parts: The front and rear thin but strong spring steel cardan shafts connect the differentials to the gearbox section.
- Oils and grease: The shock-oil, diff oil and some grease is supplied to meet the standard set-up.
- Manual and set-up: Full color manual with easy to follow assembly steps, exploded views for easy spares ordering, a blank and standard set-up sheet for a good start set-up.
- Decals: Black and white promo body-decals ; Serpent generic and Cobra GT-e.
- Packing: Parts are packed according to the steps explained in the manual.
Needed To Complete:
- 2-Channel Radio System
- (2) LiPo battery packs
- Electronic Speed Control
- Wheels and Tires
- Body, Wing and Paint
This product was added to our catalog on September 17, 2012.
Customers that bought this also purchased...