Serpent S811T-TE "Cobra T" Team Edition 1/8 Scale Competition Truggy Kit
This is the Serpent S811 "Cobra T" Team Edition 1/8 Scale Competition Truggy Kit. Sharing a variety of parts and design elements with the S811 Cobra buggy, the "Cobra T TE" is unique in many aspects, and required the development of a variety of specific parts. Larger wheels and tires, different body, together with a longer wheel-base and longer suspension arms required intensive testing to find the right blend of balance and traction. The end result is a sleek, low profile design, with a perfect left to right and front to rear weight bias, making it a nimble car that is easy to push hard on the track.
The Team Edition kit has been upgraded to all V3 drive train coupler parts, Carbon Fiber towers, updated radio tray with a 5th post for extra rigidity and a redesigned internal differential gear design.
- Chassis Plate: The Chassis plate in 3mm 7075-T6 aluminum, with machined pockets to create flex and reduce weight. There front has a kick-up angle for stabile landings. There are countersunk holes and slots to locate the front and rear suspension mounts precisely. Angled sides increase stiffness. Laser engraved Cobra T logo finishes it off.
- Bumper: Aligned with chassis kick-up for precise landings and to protect front suspension holder and anti-roll bar.
- Chassis Stiffeners: Composite stiffeners front and rear provide extra stiffness while allowing some needed flex.
- Central Radio / Servo Mount: Composite radio box which offers good space for the steering and throttle servo, the receiver and the receiver battery. The whole assembly including linkages can be taken off easily and fast in one go, when cleaning the car or doing maintenance. One extra post is added near the servo for stability.
- Servo Arms and Linkages: The servo arms have a splined insert for the correct fit with all servos. The linkages run very clean and tight and are easy to access to modify settings.
- Suspension Brackets: Beautifully machined 7065-T6 suspension brackets are anodized and laser engraved. Precision fit for the nylon roll center inserts and pivot balls / pins.
- Steering Blocks Assembly: Composite steering blocks combined with 10 degree C-hubs for precise steering. Spring steel wheel-axles feature large size bearings with precision threaded aluminum wheel-hubs with offset. Flanged and serrated wheel nuts guarantee that you will not lose a wheel nut in a race.
- Front Suspension: Durable oversized lower suspension arms in strong composite nylon. On the lower side the special shaped downstops screws are mounted. The lower shock-mounting pins are secured with a small grub screw from the bottom.
- Front Anti-Roll Bar: The ball raced front anti-roll bar system consist of a spring steel bend wire, which is guided through the diff-cases and runs in ball raced steel adaptors. The wire is linked to the lower suspension arm, with a captured adjustable threaded pivotball, for precise and a low friction and easy tuning operation.
- Front Shock Tower and Body Mounts: 4.5mm thick carbon fiber shock tower with 5 upper positioning holes for the shocks and 6 holes for roll-center positions. 1 centrally located adjustable body mount and 2 forward mounted adjustable body mounts, all with flip-tops.
- Angled Steering System / Servo Saver: The bell cranks are angled to reduce the angle of difference between the total caster and steering plane. Therefore you will have less bump steer and a truer steering Ackerman through the entire range of suspension.
- Ackerman Plates: With the design of the steering bell cranks when changing the Ackerman you will not need to adjust your steering tie rods. You simply will only need to adjust your end points on your radio.
- Rear Suspension Arms: Durable long oversized lower suspension arms in strong composite nylon. On the lower side the special downstops screws are mounted. The lower shock-mounting pins are secured with a small grub screw from the bottom.
- Mud-guards: Mud guards mount to the lower suspension arms, and will keep dirt away from your anti-roll bars transmission and wheels.
- Rear Upright Assembly: The composite uprights feature 3 upper roll-center positions and strong steel track-rods with L/R threading and strong ball joints to pre-set camber. The spring steel wheel-axles feature large size bearings and a larger inner bearing with precision threaded aluminum wheel-hubs with offset. Rubber dust covers in the rear protect the CVD system and keep the lubrication inside. Flanged and serrated wheel nuts guarantee that you will not lose a wheel nut in a race.
- Rear Anti-Roll Bar: The ball raced front anti-roll bar system, consist of a spring steel bend wire, which is guided through the diff-cases and runs in ball raced steel adaptors. The wire is linked to the lower suspension arm, with a captured adjustable threaded pivot ball for very precise and low friction operation.
- Rear Shock Tower: A 4.5mm thick carbon fiber shock tower is integrated into the rear section for extra stiffness, with 5 upper positioning holes for the shocks and 6 holes for roll-center positions.
- Rear Wing Mount and Body Mounts: Composite rear wing, with strong nylon adjustable rear body mounts on wide body-support bridge located far enough to the rear, to support the bodies in best way.
- Captured Pivot Pins, Balls and Bolted Hinge Pins: All spring-steel hinge pins are either captured or bolted in place and made in spring-steel quality. This insures your chances to finish an hour long main event, while battling for the lead. This relieves stress on the hinge pin when adjusting the kick up, or anti squat. Your pin is free to rotate to any angle without binding.
- 16mm Big-Bore Shock Absorbers: These big bores features hard Teflon coated threaded shock bodies, 4mm thick shock-rods, hard anodized aluminum screw on shock-tops with Serpent laser engraving and pre-load adjusters with o-rings inside. The shocks use large diameter membranes, large diameter o-rings and bushings to create a super smooth and leak-proof package. Large diameter pistons are held in place by a nut on the polished shock-rods tops. Open type spring retainer to let dirt out easy. The shock-shafts are protected by rubber boots.
- RCM Shock Springs: Short type color coded shock springs are supplied for the standard set-up. The springs are grinded flat top and bottom and checked individually for tension and length.
- Compact Gear Differentials: Very compact gear differentials with very smooth metal sintered gears, and steel shaft. Perfect sealing case with special gasket and o-rings. Very light and durable outdrive cups in spring-steel. Hardened spring-steel 10t diff-coupler with connector running in 2 oversized bearings . Drive ratio 4.3:1. This drive ratio will provide amazing acceleration combined with the low vehicle weight is sure to help improve fuel mileage.
- Front and Rear CVD Sets: Both front and rear captured drive shafts are being used with CVD system. Durable yet light spring steel engraved drive shafts with hard steel pins.
- Spring Steel Transmission Parts: The front and rear thin but strong spring steel cardan shafts connect the differentials.
- Throttle and Brake Lever Ball Cups: Helps provide consistent pulling on the brake lever or carburetor if you do not have the linkage perfectly aligned.
- Piston Braking System: Provides more stopping power than you could have ever imagined before with a whole lot less servo power. Also is fully adjustable with 3 types of pistons; solid, O ring type or spring type. In turn you can adjust your bias or braking feel to your liking in more ways than ever before.
- Fiber Glass Disc Brakes: Fiber Glass brake disks with oversized front disk.
- Brake Plate Springs: Keeps the plates spread open to insure un-wanted dragging of the brake discs.
- Racing 4-Shoe Clutch: Allows you to mix and match shoe materials evenly in pairs. Also provides more surface area contact to insure the engagement. 4 carbon shaped shoes are standard (aluminum shoes optional).
- Coil Exhaust Wire and Aluminum Mount: Helps aid in the front to back movement of the pipe when chassis flex occurs. Helps prevent damage to your exhaust gaskets.
- Engine Mount: Machined 7075-T6 aluminum engine mount, with side cooling-fins.
- 150cc Fuel Tank: There is a splash basin on the tank top and self centering fuel tank seal. The fuel tank seal is angled to self guide its way into the bore of the tank. At the same time it will provide a seal on the chamfered and flat edges of the seal, providing consistent engine performance from one pit stop to the next. A built in tank splash guard helps prevent fuel from splashing onto your air filter in the event of an overly excited pit man.
- Fuel Line and Stoppers: Kit includes top quality soft silicone fuel line to connect to the tank, car and pipe, and also includes small composite stoppers to close the fuel line when taking out tank, engine and/or pipe.
- Tank with Swiveling Nipple and Floating Clunk: With the swiveling nipple you are able to adjust the angle at which you want your fuel line to travel. At the same time the floating clunk helps when you go upside down. The clunk by gravity will fall back into the fuel, utilizing the flexibility of the silicone fuel tubing.
- Oversized Tank with Adjustable Volume: With the insertion of a simple screw and volume reducer you can have ROAR, IFMAR and any other organizations legal tank volume.
- Low Profile Air Filter: Centralized air filter design to minimize cab width and height. Flexible rubber boot combined with strong nylon case to support the foam elements. Excellent dense foam air filter elements to keep your engines clean inside.
- Body: Serpent Truck body with film and masking tape is included in the kit.
- Rear Wing: Low version strong rear white aero rear wing is included for great downforce and straight line stability.
- Oils and Grease: The shock-oil, differential oil and some grease is supplied to meet the standard set-up.
- Manual and Set-Up: Full color manual with easy to follow assembly steps, exploded views for easy spares ordering. A blank and standard set-up sheet for a good start set-up is also included.
Type: kit-version, high end competition
Weight: approx ~ 4,000 grams (depends on radio-gear and engine)
Clutch: 4-shoe centrifugal, carbon shoes
Differential: lightweight, small gear (front, center and rear)
Brake: piston type with fiberglass disks
Shocks: 16mm big bore
Fuel tank: 150ccm, with integrated bronze filter
- Silicone oil
- Full color manual
- Decal sheet
Needed to Complete:
- Big block Engine & Exhaust System
- Electronics (Radio, Receiver, Servos, Switch)
- Tires, Wheels, Inserts & CA Glue
- Receiver Battery & Charger
- Fuel & Glow Ignitor
- Starting System
This product was added to our catalog on October 26, 2012.
Customers that bought this also purchased...