Serpent SL8 2 Speed Gearbox Upgrade Set
With your purchase, receive at no cost:
This is an optional Serpent SL8 2 Speed "Super Light" Gearbox Upgrade Set, and is intended for use with the Serpent 966. The current Serpent gearbox system has been in use for a long time, and the Serpent design has become the industry standard, with only small revisions over the years. Stronger engines, research, racing and new insights fueled this new gearbox design. The goal was to reduce rotating mass, provide smooth power delivery and increase reliability even further.
- The SL8 gearbox has been used intensively since the 2011 WC in the USA.
- Aluminum brake-pulley adapter with 3 steel pins and new brake-disk are included
- Includes 44, 45 and 46 tooth 1st gear, and 48, 49 and 50 tooth 2nd gears
- 8x14x4mm bearings in 2-speed brackets seated in delrin bushings
- Much lighter and smaller spring-steel 2-speed adapter
- 8mm solid spring-steel shaft, one-way bearing runs directly on shaft
- Aluminum bell is stiffer and thicker to better withstand the forces of clutch shoes
- Bearing in the center creates even pressure
- Special grade aluminum material offers the best “grip” for the 2-speed shoes.
- Aluminum flange seats the lighter German made one-way bearing, and the bearing is seated more in the inside of the flange for better balance
- New shape 2-speed gears are lighter, more durable, with improved gear mesh and optimized module.
- New mono-type side pulley/pulley-adapter
This product was added to our catalog on July 19, 2011.
Super Saver Shipping!
This item is eligible for Super Saver Shipping Learn More
This item earns up to 140 VIP Reward Points Learn More