Traxxas "Grave Digger" Monster Jam 1/10 Scale 2WD Monster Truck w/TQ 2.4GHz Radio
This is the Traxxas "Grave Digger" RTR 1/10 Scale 2WD Monster Truck, with an included 2.4GHz Radio System. Incredible Detail, Proven Performance! Traxxas, the official Hobby Class Radio Control Truck of Monster Jam, is proud to announce the release of the legendary Grave Digger! Fully assembled and Ready-to-Race, the 1/10 scale Grave Digger model features pre-applied decals with officially licensed graphics to precisely duplicate the full-size monster machines. Grave Digger even includes custom molded green ladder bars and bumpers to capture the menacing look of Monster Jam’s fiercest competitor. Updated tires developed specifically for the Monster Jam models emulate the “hand carved” look of the full-size treads, and deep-dish wheels with bead-lock detailing complete the aggressive, authentic look.
The Grave Digger model is based upon the best-selling, proven-tough Traxxas Stampede 2WD electric monster truck, and is loaded with Traxxas’ most popular features. Exclusive waterproof electronics provide the freedom to drive where you want to drive through water, mud, snow, and other wet-running conditions that wouldn’t have been possible before. Oil-filled Ultra Shocks and long-travel independent suspension cushion the most extreme bumps and jump landings. The high-torque Titan 550 motor delivers wheelie-popping performance and speeds of 30+mph, while the metal-gear transmission, Torque-Control slipper clutch, and planetary gear differential keep the fun rolling run after run for hours of Monster Jam excitement and off-road adventure.
- Precision 2.4GHz Radio System: With the TQ 2.4GHz radio system, you just switch on and drive. There are no channels or frequencies to manage, so the focus is on having fun. The TQ’s ergonomic design is comfortable for all-day driving, and lightweight with just four AA batteries on board. The TQ scores on style with its black-chrome wheel and smoothly integrated handle, and the internal-antenna design gives the transmitter a sleek profile while shielding the antenna from damage.
- Officially Licensed Grave Digger Body and Graphics: Traxxas' Monster Jam models fully capture the aggressive styling of their full-size counterparts, right down to Grave Digger's misty graveyard mural graphics. And since it's Ready-To-Race, the body is trimmed, mounted, and decaled for you.
- Monster Jam Tires and Beadlock-Style Wheels: Redesigned tires developed specifically for the Monster Jam models emulate the "hand carved" look of the full-size treads, and are molded in a unique compound that hooks up for maximum acceleration and great grip on a wide variety of surfaces including dirt, grass, pavement, and rocks. Deep-dish wheels with bead-lock detailing complete the aggressive, authentic look.
- Custom Detailing: Traxxas takes Grave Digger's detailing one step further, with a blacked-out chassis, custom-molded green ladder bars and bumpers, and green powder-coated springs that complete the signature look of Monster Jam's fiercest competitor.
- Titan 12-Turn 550 Modified Motor: Monster Jam models come with a powerful Titan 12T 550 modified motor with internal cooling fan. The Titan's over-sized armature (30% larger compared to 540-sized armatures) is equipped with 12-turns of pure copper wire for big torque and increased power-handling capabilities. Lower running temperatures are achieved with the integrated cooling fan. The Titan 12T requires very little maintenance and is designed for consistent torque and high speeds from run to run, without fading. Beyond the specs, the Titan 12T is made for rock crushing torque, hardcore wheelie launches, explosive jumping, and just about any other 4-wheel fun that demands real horsepower.
- Traxxas Power Cell Battery Included! Grave Digger includes a Power Cell Battery Pack to make sure you experience all the performance that's been engineered into your Traxxas model. Power Cell packs are optimized for free-flowing power and maximum punch with premium quality, low-resistance cells; flexible, silicone-jacketed 12-gauge wire; heavy-duty welded tabs; and Traxxas' high-output, gold plated, high-current connectors. Seven cells deliver 8.4 volts of motivation for maximum speed, and precision assembly with attractive, individually wrapped cells and clear overwrap complete the Traxxas Power Cell package.
- XL-5 Waterproof Electronic Speed Control: Designed and engineered by Traxxas, the XL-5 Electronic Speed Control handles the elements while smoothly supplying power to the motor. This high-performance speed control is packed with impressive specifications that are normally only found on more expensive high-end replacement units. The XL-5 features a completely waterproof design, LiPo-Ready Low-Voltage Detection, three throttle profiles, Thermal Shutdown Protection, 4-8 cell compatibility, and built-in BEC. High frequency operation combined with ultra-low resistance make the XL-5 an efficient and ultra-smooth fully proportional speed control. An exclusive feature on the XL-5 is the patent pending Training Mode. This profile reduces the overall power output of the XL-5 by 50% making it easier for young or new drivers to develop their control skills before unleashing full-power operation. The XL-5 is manufactured by Traxxas to ensure the highest level of quality and support.
- High-Torque Waterproof Digital Steering Servo: A monster truck needs a powerful steering servo for responsive performance, and Traxxas delivers with the 2056 high-torque servo. This waterproof steering servo uses O-ring seals to keep the fun going when things get wet. Waterproof for all-weather action, the 2056 provides 80 oz-in of steering muscle. That's twice the power of typical "standard" servos.
- Waterproof Receiver Box: Traxxas' innovative receiver box is fully waterproof, yet it's easy to access the receiver maintenance. The exclusive patent-pending design holds a 4-channel micro receiver that saves weight and provides reliable, long-range R/C performance.
- Four Channel Micro Receiver: A four channel Traxxas micro receiver gives you additional room to grow! The 4-channel micro receiver features two steering servo ports, eliminating the need for a Y-harness.
- Securely Mounted Electronics: The ESC and watertight receiver box are screwed to the chassis for ultimate mounting security. There's no servo tape to loosen over time with dirt, heat, and collisions.
- Revo-Spec Torque-Control Slipper Clutch: Revo technology is utilized to manage the increased power from the Titan 12T motor. The Torque-Control slipper clutch uses special semi-metallic friction material and finned aluminum alloy pressure plates to dissipate heat and provide consistent traction control. The semi-metallic friction material remains stable across a wide temperature range to provide smooth, linear engagement you can count on, run after run. Spur gears can be removed and replaced without altering the slipper adjustment.
- Powder-Coated Springs: Grave Digger features green springs for realistic looks. Tough powder-coated finishes make sure the good looks last, while carefully selected spring rates deliver peak multi-terrain performance.
- Included Optional Pinion Gear: The Grave Digger reaches a blistering 30+mph top speed on-road using the optional 23-tooth pinion gear (included) and supplied Power Cell 7-cell battery. Out of the box, the installed 19-tooth pinion gear is just right for all-around, wheelie-popping, off-road action.
- Oil-Filled Ultra Shocks: Traxxas' proven oil-filled Ultra Shocks utilize X-ring technology for a perfect seal and super-smooth performance. They are fully tunable with a wide range of oils, springs, and pistons. Features include pressure bladders for air/oil separation and spring clips to precisely change the ride height and spring pre-load. They can be renewed in minutes with our inexpensive rebuild kits.
- Motor Mount with Cooling Channels: The sealed gearbox protects the transmission components from dirt and rocks. The molded motor plate now includes finned cooling channels where the motor mounts to the motor plate. The cooling channels work in conjunction with the internal Titan 12T motor fan to pull air through the motor for superior cooling.
- Brushless Ready Magnum 272 Transmission: Monster Jam fun requires a monster-tough drivetrain. The Magnum 272 transmission is assembled with all metal gear internals riding on ultra-smooth sealed ball bearings. Combined with the smooth 48-pitch gears, power is delivered quietly to the durable telescoping U-joint driveshafts. The sealed gearbox protects the transmission components from dirt and rocks.
- Brushless Ready Planetary Gear Differential: The composite Traxxas planetary gear differential features a steel ring gear with a nylon gear housing for long life. It uses hardened steel internal gears for maximum strength during rigorous off-road bashing. This type of differential requires virtually no maintenance and its efficient design puts maximum tire-shredding torque to the wheels.
- Fiber Composite Arms: Solid, durable camber links take the guess work out of set-up and are captured to keep you on the trail even when the going gets rough. Captured rod ends and one-piece camber links provide unmatched durability and they simply won't pop off.
- Monster 4" Ground Clearance: With 4-inches of center ground clearance, Grave Digger goes places other trucks can't! Traxxas Monster Jam models easily tackle real world obstacles such as tall grass, curbs, and rocks.
- Telescoping Universal-Joint Driveshafts: Slider driveshafts are extremely durable, and they allow greater articulation for increased suspension travel. Universal joints on both ends of the shafts deliver smooth, chatter-free power delivery.
- Officially Licensed Monster Jam graphics
- Realistic rubber tires on detailed beadlock-style wheels
- TQ 2.4GHz radio system
- Power Cell battery pack & Charger
- Powerful Titan 12T 550 modified motor with internal cooling fan
- XL-5 Waterproof Electronic Speed Control with Low Voltage Detection
- Traxxas High-Current Connector
- High-torque waterproof steering servo
- 4 inches of ground clearance
- Brushless Ready Magnum 272 metal-gear transmission with efficient rubber-sealed ball bearings
- Revo-spec Torque-Control slipper clutch system
- Traxxas Tough durability
- Telescoping universal-joint driveshafts
- Top speed, 30+mph
Length: 16.25" (413mm)
Front Track: 12.75" (324mm)
Rear Track: 12.75" (324mm)
Weight: 65.3oz (1.85 kg)
Max Height (Grave Digger): 8.75" (222mm)
Wheelbase: 10.63" (270mm)
Gear Ratio (internal): 2.72 (final drive: 12.34)
Gear Pitch: 48-Pitch
Top Speed: 30+mph** (with included 7-cell battery and included optional 23-tooth pinion gear)
Skill Level: 1
Battery Tray Dimensions: 138x46x26mm (with battery expansion kit TRA3725X)
- Assembled "Grave Digger" Monster Jam Truck
- XL-5 Electronic Speed Control (installed)
- Titan 12 Turn 550 Motor (installed)
- TRA2056: High Torque Waterproof Steering Servo (installed)
- TRA2216: 4-Channel Micro Receiver (installed)
- 7-Cell 8.4V NiMH Power Cell Battery Pack
- Battery Charger
- Optional 23-Tooth Pinion Gear
Needed To Complete:
- (8) "AA" Batteries (for transmitter)
This product was added to our catalog on June 19, 2013.