Traxxas "Son-uva Digger" Monster Jam 1/10 2WD Monster Truck w/TQ 2.4GHz Radio & Battery
This is the Traxxas "Son-uva Digger" Monster Jam 1/10 Scale 2WD Electric Monster Truck, with an included 2.4GHz Radio System. The next generation is here! Born of the legendary Grave Digger, Son-uva Digger has been a fan favorite since it burst onto the scene with a big-air backflip that brought the audience to its feet at the 2011 Monster Jam World Finals. Now you can reenact that moment at home with Traxxas, the Official Hobby Class Radio Control Truck of Monster Jam! The 1/10 scale Son-uva Digger captures the look and performance of Monster Jam's biggest star with its officially licensed graphics, custom-molded blue ladder bars and bumpers, and realistic tires that emulate the "hand carved" look of the full-size treads. Deep-dish wheels with bead-lock detailing complete the aggressive, authentic look.
- Officially Licensed Son-uva Digger Body and Graphics: Traxxas' Monster Jam models fully capture the aggressive styling of their full-size counterparts, right down to Son-uva Digger's graveyard mural graphics. And since it's Ready-To-Race, the body is trimmed, mounted, and decaled for you.
- Updated Monster Jam Tires and Beadlock-Style Wheels: Updated tires developed specifically for the Monster Jam models emulate the "hand carved" look of the full-size treads, and are molded in a unique compound that hooks up for maximum acceleration and great grip on a wide variety of surfaces including dirt, grass, pavement, and rocks. New deep-dish wheels with bead-lock detailing complete the aggressive, authentic look.
- Custom Detailing: Traxxas takes Son-uva Digger's detailing one step further, with a blacked-out chassis, custom-molded blue ladder bars and bumpers, and blue powder-coated springs that complete the signature look of Monster Jam's newest competitor.
- Titan 12-Turn 550 Modified Motor: Monster Jam models come with a powerful Titan 12T 550 modified motor with internal cooling fan. The Titan's over-sized armature (30% larger compared to 540-sized armatures) is equipped with 12-turns of pure copper wire for big torque and increased power-handling capabilities. Lower running temperatures are achieved with the integrated cooling fan. The Titan 12T requires very little maintenance and is designed for consistent torque and high speeds from run to run, without fading. Beyond the specs, the Titan 12T is made for rock crushing torque, hardcore wheelie launches, explosive jumping, and just about any other 4-wheel fun that demands real horsepower.
- Traxxas Power Cell Battery Included: Son-uva Digger includes a Power Cell Battery Pack to make sure you experience all the performance that's been engineered into your Traxxas model. Power Cell packs are optimized for free-flowing power and maximum punch with premium quality, low-resistance cells; flexible, silicone-jacketed 12-gauge wire; heavy-duty welded tabs; and Traxxas' high-output, gold plated, high-current connectors. Seven cells deliver 8.4 volts of motivation for maximum speed, and precision assembly with attractive, individually wrapped cells and clear overwrap complete the Traxxas Power Cell package.
- XL-5 Waterproof Electronic Speed Control: Designed and engineered by Traxxas, the XL-5 Electronic Speed Control handles the elements while smoothly supplying power to the motor. The XL-5 features a completely waterproof design, LiPo-Ready Low-Voltage Detection, three throttle profiles, Thermal Shutdown Protection, 4-8 cell NiMH and 2-cell LiPo compatibility, and built-in BEC.
- High-Torque Waterproof Digital Steering Servo: A monster truck needs a powerful steering servo for responsive performance, and Traxxas delivers with the 2056 high-torque servo. This waterproof steering servo uses O-ring seals to keep the fun going when things get wet. Waterproof for all-weather action, the 2056 provides 80 oz-in of steering muscle. That's twice the power of typical "standard" servos.
- Waterproof Receiver Box: Traxxas' innovative receiver box is fully waterproof, yet it's easy to access the receiver maintenance. The exclusive patent-pending design holds a 4-channel micro receiver that saves weight and provides reliable, long-range R/C performance.
- Precision 2.4GHz Control: With the TQ 2.4GHz radio system, you just switch on and drive. There are no channels or frequencies to manage, so the focus is on having fun. The TQs ergonomic design is comfortable for all-day driving, and its sleek lines are enhanced by an internal antenna that is impervious to damage. To customize the controls, the transmitters factory servo directions can be easily reversed using the TQs simple programming system.
- Securely Mounted Electronics: The ESC and watertight receiver box are screwed to the chassis for ultimate mounting security. There's no servo tape to loosen over time with dirt, heat, and collisions.
- Revo-Spec Torque-Control Slipper Clutch: Revo technology is utilized to manage the increased power from the Titan 12T motor. The Torque-Control slipper clutch uses special semi-metallic friction material and finned aluminum alloy pressure plates to dissipate heat and provide consistent traction control. The semi-metallic friction material remains stable across a wide temperature range to provide smooth, linear engagement you can count on, run after run. Spur gears can be removed and replaced without altering the slipper adjustment.
- Powder-Coated Springs: Son-uva Digger features blue springs for realistic looks. Tough powder-coated finishes make sure the good looks last, while carefully selected spring rates deliver peak multi-terrain performance.
- Included Optional Pinion Gear: Son-uva Digger reaches their blistering 30+mph top speed on-road using the optional 23-tooth pinion gear (included) and supplied Power Cell 7-cell battery. Out of the box, the installed 19-tooth pinion gear is just right for all-around, wheelie-popping, off-road action.
- Oil-Filled Ultra Shocks: Traxxas' proven oil-filled Ultra Shocks utilize X-ring technology for a perfect seal and super-smooth performance. They are fully tunable with a wide range of oils, springs, and pistons. Features include pressure bladders for air/oil separation and spring clips to precisely change the ride height and spring pre-load. They can be renewed in minutes with our inexpensive rebuild kits.
- Motor Mount with Cooling Channels: The sealed gearbox protects the transmission components from dirt and rocks. The molded motor plate now includes finned cooling channels where the motor mounts to the motor plate. The cooling channels work in conjunction with the internal Titan 12T motor fan to pull air through the motor for superior cooling.
- Brushless Ready Magnum 272 Transmission: Monster Jam fun requires a monster-tough drivetrain. The Magnum 272 transmission is assembled with all metal gear internals riding on ultra-smooth sealed ball bearings. Combined with the smooth 48-pitch gears, power is delivered quietly to the durable telescoping U-joint driveshafts. The sealed gearbox protects the transmission components from dirt and rocks.
- Brushless Ready Planetary Gear Differential: The composite Traxxas planetary gear differential features a steel ring gear with a nylon gear housing for long life. It uses hardened steel internal gears for maximum strength during rigorous off-road bashing. This type of differential requires virtually no maintenance and its efficient design puts maximum tire-shredding torque to the wheels.
- Fiber Composite Arms: Solid, durable camber links take the guess work out of set-up and are captured to keep you on the trail even when the going gets rough. Captured rod ends and one-piece camber links provide unmatched durability and they simply won't pop off.
- Monster 4" Ground Clearance: With 4-inches of center ground clearance, Son-uva Digger goes places other trucks can't! Traxxas Monster Jam models easily tackle real world obstacles such as tall grass, curbs, and rocks.
- Telescoping Universal-Joint Driveshafts: Slider driveshafts are extremely durable, and they allow greater articulation for increased suspension travel. Universal joints on both ends of the shafts deliver smooth, chatter-free power delivery.
- Officially Licensed Son-uva Digger body and graphics
- Monster Jam tires with detailed tread design
- Authentic beadlock-style wheels
- Waterproof electronics for all-weather driving
- excitement in water, mud and snow!
- Titan 12-Turn 550 Motor
- 30+mph! (With included 7-cell battery and included, optional 23-tooth pinion gear)
- Powerful XL-5 Waterproof Electronic Speed Control
Length: 16.25" (413mm)
Front Track: 12.75" (324mm)
Rear Track: 12.75" (324mm)
Weight: 65.3oz (1.85 kg)
Max Height (Grave Digger): 8.75" (222mm)
Wheelbase: 10.63" (270mm)
Gear Ratio (internal): 2.72 (final drive: 12.34)
Gear Pitch: 48-Pitch
Battery Tray Dimensions: 138x46x26mm
Included Batteries: Traxxas Power Cell Battery (NiMH, 7-C Hump)
Needed To Complete:
- (4) "AA" Batteries (for transmitter)
This product was added to our catalog on March 5, 2013.