XRAY 4-Step Aluminum Shock Absorber Set (2) (T2)
This is a set of two optional XRAY 4-Step Aluminum Shock Absorbers, and are intended for use with the XRAY T2, T2R, T2 007 and NT1. This set includes all the parts to build two shocks.
These premium XRAY aluminum shock absorbers have been designed to work with both the T2 (electric touring) and NT1 (nitro touring) platforms. These unique black hard coated aluminum shocks are loaded with all of the features needed for today’s racing. Whether you need ultra-fine shocks for your lightweight electric touring car or ultra-reliable shocks for your nitro touring car, the new XRAY shocks have you covered.
The unique XRAY aluminum shock absorbers have interchangeable internal parts, giving you the option of installing 1 or 2 silicone O-rings. You can also choose between fully-adjustable 4-step pistons, or you can choose fixed 1-piece precision pistons. No matter what you choose, all pistons are ultra-true and round thanks to a very special mold design, resulting in ultra-free movement of the piston inside the shock body.
Note: Springs and shock oil are not included and must be purchased separately.
- The aluminum shock body is precision CNC-machined on the world's most precise German long-turn CNC machine and every piece is robot-inspected and measured to ensure maximum precision and tolerance. This is especially important with the inner diameter of the shock body to ensure that each one has an identical inner diameter to guarantee ultra-free shock piston movement.
- The aluminum shock body is machined from exclusive Swiss 7075 T6 aluminum ensuring maximum strength and rigidity. The shock bodies are black hard coated using XRAY's own fully robotic color coating line with purpose-mixed color fluids, ensuring a very even layer of color coating is applied to each shock body. After the coating process, every shock body is manually checked with high-precision calipers to ensure that the inner diameter of each shock body is exactly within the very stringent tolerances.
- The shock cartridge has been designed for self-centering shim(s) to hold 1 or 2 silicone O-rings, guaranteeing perfect alignment in the shock body. A finely-threaded aluminum shock lower cap secures the silicone O-rings and shims in the shock body.
- Finely-threaded spring preload collars are used to make ride height quick and easy. Even in very dirty conditions it is still possible to very precisely adjust ride height.
- The upper aluminum cap features a small vent hole that makes shock assembly very predictable and easy, since excess shock oil will escape through this vent hole ensuring that only the proper amount of the oil is inside the shock assembly. A super-soft silicone membrane supported by a miniature foam pad (inserted inside the membrane) provides proper dampening characteristics.
This product was added to our catalog on March 12, 2008.
Customers that bought this also purchased...
$1.99 Flat Rate Shipping!