Revolectrix CoPilot II System (Combo 2)
This is the Revolectrix Co-Pilot II System. The Co Pilot II systems
represent the culmination of years of cumulative technological
development and manufacturing knowledge in commercial flight
stabilization. FMA's patented Infrared thermo-technology for
semi-autonomous control of R/C model aircraft has an outstanding
reputation, with ten's of thousands of units sold. Adding an additional
level of safety to model aircraft of all types, the time-proven concept
has enabled pilots from all over the world to fly with confidence, learn
new aerobatic maneuvers, protect their investment in case of electronic
or mechanical failure, and assist modelers of all experience and skill
levels to just feel more confident when flying.
The CPII is far more than a simple wing leveling device. Yes, it will bring your aircraft to straight and level flight from any attitude simply by centering the control sticks, but the new system includes features and enhancements that go far beyond its predecessors. Fueled by the amazing new IRNet (Infrared network) for wire-free control of on-board avionics, setup has never been simpler. Just point the the wireless IRNet programmer at the aircraft, access the main menu option "Quick Setup" and Co Pilot II's advanced computer system walks you through a series of simple questions pertaining to how you have chosen to install the various components such as main sensor, vertical sensor, as well as how you have chosen to configure remote ON/OFF functions and new Flight Modes. Yes, the CPII includes all new 3D modes that can easily and safely enable you to learn or practice new maneuvers like inverted flight, knife edge, or vertical hover, all at the flip of a switch. If the aircraft falls out of the intended attitude, Co Pilot II knows it. It will de-activate the 3D mode, and activate level flight mode or Co Pilot OFF, whichever you have chosen.
The new smaller and lighter digital sensors and computer modules also allow for installation across a wide number of platforms. The system supports any conceivable aircraft configurations from airplanes, to heli's, to VTOL; any aircraft which require no more than 4 channels to operate pitch and roll. This includes support split or differential ailerons, flapperons, all forms of CCPM helicopters and more!
Combo 2: Includes the vertical sensor which will allow automatic and continuous, in-flight weather calibration, the added intelligence of having the aircraft always recover from inverted flight to level flight by rolling the aircraft, and access to all 3D flight modes. Combo 2 also does not include the PC interface which means you will not be able to access automatic firmware updates using a personal computer running Windows operating systems.
- Stand-alone operation: Computer module installs between existing receiver and servos.
- Micro-size components: Utilizes SMT components and tiny infrared thermopiles reducing the profile of sensor modules by approximately 50% over previous Co-Pilot models.
- Digital sensor technology: Digital conversion now takes place within the sensor units. Communication between the sensor modules and the Co-Pilot computer is accomplished on standard, 3 wire servo connectors. The potential for analog noise in any installation is virtually eliminated.
- Unprecedented Accuracy: As with all previous Co-Pilot models, the system offers accuracy to 1 degree of the horizon by sensing the temperature variation between the earth and the sky. Just center the control sticks and Co-Pilot II will right your model from any attitude in split seconds.
- Flight Stabilization with a "Natural Flight" Feel: The Co-Pilot II now includes "stick priority" as a built-in option to provide a natural flying "feel" when using flight stabilization. Using stick priority, the Co-Pilot II is now capable of automatically reducing flight stabilization sensitivity just by moving the stick further away from center. This results in a natural flying experience without sacrificing recovery time.
- Simple to Setup and Operate: Includes streamlined "wireless" user interface for vastly improved and simplified system setup and monitoring. The wireless system which makes this possible is a new technology developed by FMA termed "IRNet". Co-Pilot II is therefore the first IRNet peripheral to be made available by FMA/Revolectrix, but IRNet applications will extend far beyond the Co-Pilot II. This means that with the purchase of the Co-Pilot II, you are already set up to use any future IRNet peripherals that become available. Items under consideration include GPS integration, on-board watt meter, tachometer, temperature sensor, digital servo matchbox, tools for selecting appropriate electric propulsion components and others.
- IRNet offers a fresh approach to Controlling and monitoring On-Board Avionics: IRNet consists of a wireless, infrared, 4 button programmer containing a 2-line, 16 character LCD, and a wireless network router. IRNet range is dependent on weather conditions but ranges from 30 to 200 feet, line of sight. The router is mounted in the aircraft and is capable of supporting multiple IRNet compatible devices. Each device on the "network" communicates with the IRNet programmer using a unique address much like the network of computers in your office, but on a smaller scale. Connected IRNet peripherals are represented as separate devices in the programmer, each supporting its own unique menu system. Setting up an IRNet device is as simple as scanning for the device's welcome screen and answering a series of questions, much like using a television remote. Monitoring system information in real time is as easy as scrolling through the available data screens. Imagine being able to pre-flight check every critical piece of electronics in your aircraft prior to takeoff, and all without having to bend down and remove a wing or even plug in a wire.
- "Co-Pilot II Firmware Update Utility": Use the Windows PC
software and either the FUIM2 or FUIM3 PC USB interface to keep your
CPII Avionics computer up-to-date with the latest firmware code and
features. This software is available free from Revolectrix.
- "Co-Pilot II Display Software": Use the Windows PC software
and the FUIM3 PC USB interface instead of the IRNet Programmer and
Router. Access all CPII menus, setup, and preflight features directly
using your PC. This software is available free from Revolectrix. *See Note Below
- The optional Vertical Sensor module forces the system to roll out of inverted to prevent the potential for striking the ground upon low altitude recovery. When installed, the vertical sensor also allows for automatic and continual calibration.
- Supports all types of radio systems including any spread spectrum radios.
- Stabilizes up to 4 channels for compatibility with virtually any aircraft configuration including CCPM heli's, differential or dual ailerons, flapperons
- Supports high-resolution digital servos as well as analog servos
- Works in most weather conditions with the exception of heavy rain or severe overcast making it the ideal and affordable solution for radio control enthusiasts. Automatic weather check can be read out on the LCD at any time using the "Preflight" menu option.
- New 3D modes include automatic vertical hover, knife edge, and inverted flight.
- On/Off remote control can be set up on any type of auxiliary transmitter switch or knob.
- New "Flight Modes" access allow for setting up different
stabilization characteristics on any type of auxiliary transmitter
switch or knob. Now it is easy to switch between basic stabilization and
3D modes with the flip of a switch. Learn new aerobatic maneuvers with
safety and confidence.
*NOTE: the Co-Pilot II Display Software requires the FUIM3 PC USB interface and will not work with the older FUIM2.
- CPII Computer Module (LxWxH): 1.754x1.115x0.460"
- CPII Main Sensor (LxWxH): 0.965x0.965x0.360"
- IRNet Router (LxWxH): 1.205x1.005x0.532" (not including mount tabs)
- CPII Computer Module: 0.61 oz (19gm)
- CPII Main Sensor: 0.23 oz (7gm)
- IRNet Router: 0.26 oz (8gm)
- Ratings: 3.5V to 6V.
- Power Source: System is powered from your radio's receiver.
- Outputs: CPII systems are designed to fit small helicopters without any additional components. For lager heli's and/or fixed wing aircraft, standard aileron extensions may be required for optimal placement of vertical and/or main sensors.
- Applications: Adds safe and effective flight stabilization to any R/C model aircraft for assistance in learning new aerobatic maneuvers, protecting your investment in case of electronic or mechanical failure, and assisting modelers of all experience and skill levels to just feel more confident when flying.
- Radio: The Co Pilot 2 is not an RF device and therefore it will operate with any type or brand of R/C radio system including AM, FM/PPM, PCM on any frequency as well as all 2.4GHz spread spectrum systems.
This product was added to our catalog on February 8, 2011.
Super Saver Shipping!