SAB Goblin 630 Competition Edition Flybarless Electric Helicopter Kit w/CF Blades (Orange)
The Italian designers at SAB have been up to no good, conjuring the Goblin for one menacing purpose – domination, and nothing short of it. Utilizing patent pending ingenuity, the SAB Goblin 630 takes performance to frightening heights by utilizing a state of the art dual belt drive power system, allowing massive brushless power to be directed to the main rotor without fear of failure so commonly seen with 600 sized electric helicopters today.
By utilizing a dual stage belt drive system, the Goblin 630 transfers this power to a helical output gear, which in turn drives the main rotor system and driven tail rotor system. Simply put, the power this system can handle is fearsomely evil.
Ingenuity flows throughout the Goblin, taking shape in the patent pending horizontal servo mounting system that directs servo torque directly to the flybarless main rotor system via short, stiff linkage rods that rotate via bearing raced support. This system is intensely strong, allowing power transfer to be as direct as mechanically possible, resulting in precision and rigidity that is simply unmatched.
By laying the servos horizontally, instead of installing them as a vertical unit, the CG (center-of-gravity) is optimally lowered, allowing the Goblin to take great advantage of stellar 3D performance. Lower CG directly equates to precision maneuvers throughout the entire realm of flight, allowing the SAB Goblin 630 to perform like no other helicopter flying today. Craving performance not of this world? Take hold of the Goblin as it takes hold of you – RC helicopter performance that will bring true fear above, and sheer terror down low.
Competition Edition Features:
- Updated head with 2 piece blade grip, preserves grips in the event of a crash, plus updated stronger main linkage
- Updated 2mm frames with increased rigidity
- Updated motor mount
- Aluminum tail case for increased stiffness
- Updated dampened tail rotor system, slop free, very durable
- Updated Battery tray
- Quick canopy release, allows for easy installation and removal of the canopy
- Canopy saver, protects the canopy edges from scuffing
- Modular Power System – Simple, Elegant, Beautiful: With the removal of a small handful of bolts, the entire power system will arise from the Goblin – cyclic servos, brushless motor, rotor system, main gear system – allowing this helicopter to be adjusted and repaired with great ease.
- Dual Belt Driven Performance – Simple, Robust, Light Weight: By utilizing a belt driven main motor, immense power can be transferred without the fear of gear failure. Belt driven systems are amazingly efficient, incredibly durable, and best of all, belt drive systems are ethereally light in weight, cutting out the complexity, noise and added weight of a torque tube drive system.
- 12S LiPo 44.4V Power – The Goblin is Ready: Designed from the ground up with the insane power of 12S 44.4V systems, the Goblin was designed to handle every bit of power that can be thrown its way. With the dual stage belt drive system, the Goblin 630 can take full advantage of brutally high output brushless motors that are transforming the very nature of RC helicopter flight. Go for massive power – the Goblin demands it.
- Aerodynamic Boom Shroud – Form & Function in One Beautiful Package: Italian designing takes one step further, coalescing the aerodynamic canopy with a near seamless transition to a carbon fiber tail boom covering. This aerodynamic shroud brings a unique beauty to the SAB Goblin, serving as an aerodynamic element that allows the Goblin to traverse the skies at mach speeds. Speed and power has never looked so good.
- CNC Aluminum Flybarless Main Rotor System – Nothing but the Best: Taking full advantage of flybarless technology, the SAB Goblin 630 is offered in a flybarless kit only, utilizing a bearing raced blade grip control system for the absolute in precision & control. Nothing was held back throughout this build, and you can expect nothing less when the Goblin takes flight.
- Light Weight Build – Power that can be Used Like No Other: By building the SAB Goblin with a keen eye on weight, SAB engineers were able to shave critical weight by utilizing carbon fiber materials & a dual belt driven gear system, which brings the Goblin to new worlds of power & performance.
- Brutalized by the Best – Tareq Alsaadi & Bert Kamerrer: The SAB Goblin 630 was designed for the most intense flight regimes possible, and when it came to testing and performance, two of the best pilots in the world did their best to find the absolute limits of the Goblin. The Goblin personifies performance, and in the hands of the best, the Goblin is a fearsome sight to behold.
- Patented Carbon Fiber Tail Boom – Strong, Light & Vibration Free: Reinforced with CNC aluminum for the utmost in strength, the patented carbon fiber tail system eliminates vibrations, allowing maximum rotor speeds to be achieved without the fear of vibration.
- SAB Rotor Blades – Simply the Best: Rotor blades are the heart and soul of all helicopters, and the Goblin holds nothing back with included high performance, carbon fiber "green" SAB main rotor blades and tail rotor blades, specially designed for the Goblin helicopters, allowing this 3D monster to be pushed farther and faster than all others around.
Main rotor diameter: 1428mm (with 630mm blades)
Main blade length: 630mm
Tail rotor diameter: 285mm
Tail blade length: 105mm
Main shaft diameter: 12mm
Tail shaft diameter: 6mm
Spindle shaft diameter: 10mm
Gear Ratios: 8.6-11.9:1
Motor pulley: 22T (other sizes available)
Weight including electronics: 3320g (excluding batteries).
Maximum motor size: 64mm diameter, maximum height 64mm
Battery compartment: 60x58x350mm (adaptable to 64x58x350mm)
- (1) SAB Goblin 630 Competition Edition – Kit Only
- (1) SAB 630mm Carbon Fiber Main Rotor Blade Set
- (1) SAB 105mm Carbon Fiber Tail Rotor Set
- (1) 22T Motor Pulley
- (2) Battery Tray
Needed To Complete:
- 2.4GHz Transmitter & Receiver (6-channel or more, helicopter system)
- Electric motor: 10S-12S, 400-650kV
- (3) Cyclic servos
- (1) Tail rotor servo
- (1) 3-Axis Flybarless System
- (1) ESC, minimum 100A
- (2) 5-6S 3700-4500mAh LiPo Battery
- Compatible charger
- Pitch gauge
- Various tools, lubes & greases for setup and assembly
This product was added to our catalog on October 31, 2013.
Super Saver Shipping!