Spektrum DX18 18 Channel Full Range DSMX Radio System w/AR9020 Receiver (Mode 2) (No Servos)
This is the Spektrum DX18 18 Channel Full Range DSMX Radio System. To fly like a pro you need more than skill, you also need the right tools. If you have the skill, the DX18 has the pro-class tools you need. With extensive programming features for airplanes and helicopters, as well as the most impressive suite of sailplane programming features available in a hand-held transmitter, the DX18 is suitable for any aircraft. Additionally, with up to 18 available channels, servo balancing and sequencing, plus built-in telemetry with data logging capabilities, the DX18 is the obvious choice for anyone who needs a high quality 18 channel radio that is far more affordable than the other available options.
Powerful Features for the Expert Pilot
The Spektrum AirWare™ software that comes in the DX18 offers all the programming features an expert pilot could want. And the intuitive SimpleScroll™ interface makes navigating menus and changing settings as simple as "roll and click". It's almost like using a mouse. Many Spektrum AirWare features are innovations you won't find anywhere else; innovations that make flying safer and programming easier.
Max Out Your Functions with the optional X+Plus Channel Expander
Both the DX18 and its AR9020 receiver are X-Plus capable, meaning you can add up to eight extra channels with an X-Plus channel expansion module (sold separately). You just plug the module into the AR9020, bind it, and then assign the extra 8 channels to any function desired. It's just what anyone who flies complex scale models or high-performance sailplanes needs.
Built-In Telemetry with Data Log. Fly Smarter with Vital Model Feedback
The DX18 is equipped with a built-in telemetry feature that gives you real-time information on things like your model's battery voltage, signal quality, engine or motor temperature, airspeed, altitude and more. It will also log the telemetry data to its SD card so you can review it after the flight. Just connect a Spektrum TM1000 or TM1100 Air Telemetry Module (both sold separately) to the AR9020 receiver. Spektrum has a wide array of telemetry sensors for tracking just about any vital model function you can think of and new ones are being added all the time. You can see the entire selection of telemetry modules, sensors and accessories here.
Superior Ergonomics. Made to Fit the Way You Fly
The weight distribution and ergonomics of the DX18 have been optimized to fit the way you fly. The result is a sense of balance and comfort that perfectly complements the speed and precision of DSMX® technology.
In Depth Features:
- Adjustable Stick Length and Tension: Get exactly the control feel you want without having to open up the transmitter case.
- No-Slip Comfort Grips: Soft, no-slip rubber grips on the back and sides of the transmitter case naturally conform to your hands and make long flights much more comfortable.
- Durable Dual Diversity Antenna: The DX18 is the first Spektrum transmitter with a Dual Diversity antenna. Essentially two antennas in one, it consists of vertical and horizontal arrays mounted perpendicular to each other for superior protection from signal fades. The horizontal array is housed in the durable carrying grip on the back.
- SimpleScroll Programming Interface: The intuitive SimpleScroll interface makes navigating menus and changing settings as simple as roll and click. Its almost like using a mouse.
- Built-In Telemetry: The DX18 is equipped with a built-in telemetry feature that gives you real-time information on things like your models battery voltage, signal quality, engine or motor temperature, airspeed, altitude and more. And it all appears right on the big LCD screen so you can see it at a glance.
- 3 Model Types: The DX18 boasts a wealth of programming options specifically for airplanes, helicopters and sailplanes. Any function an expert pilot would need is here.
- 10 Airplane Wing Types/6 Tail Types: Nearly any airplane wing or tail servo setup you can think of has been pre-programmed for you so you can get in the air faster. Wing setups include: single aileron, dual aileron, flaperon, single aileron + single flap, single aileron + dual flap, dual aileron + single flap, dual aileron + dual flap, elevon, elevon B and quad aileron. Tail types include: normal, V-tail A, V-tail B, dual elevator, dual rudder + single elevator and dual rudder + dual elevator.
- 6 Swash Types: Helicopter setup with the DX18 is also quick and easy thanks to the six pre-programmed swash types: 3-Servo 120, 3-Servo 135, 3-Servo 140, 3-Servo 90, 4-Servo 90 and 2-Servo 180.
- 5 Sailplane Wing Types/3 Tail Types: Complex sailplane setups have never been easier. Wing servo configurations include: single aileron, dual aileron, dual aileron + single flap, dual aileron + dual flap, quad aileron + dual flap. All the popular tail configurations are included as well, including single rudder + single elevator, V-tail A and V-tail B.
- Sequencer: Programming a complex sequence of control events, such as landing gear retraction in a model with independently-driven gear doors, is remarkably simple.
- Spektrum Data Interface: Staying up to date with the latest version of Spektrum AirWare is easy with the Spektrum Data Interface (SDI). Just download updates to a standard SD card and upload them to your transmitter via the SDI. You can also use the SDI to upload setups for specific models from the Spektrum Community site, share setups with other DX18 owners or store extra model memory. An SD card is included so you can start taking advantage of this handy feature right away.
- 50 Model Memory
- Built-In Telemetry with Vibe Alerts
- Extensive Airplane, Helicopter and Sailplane Programming
- Throttle Start or Switch Start Timer
- Region Settings for Global Compliance
- 16 Programmable Mixes
- Flap Delay and Elevator Compensation
- 10 Airplane Wing Types
- 6 Airplane Tail Types
- 4 Airplane and Heli Flight Modes
- Dual Rates and Expo
- Active Gyro Trim
- 7-Point Heli Throttle Curve
- 7-Point Heli Pitch Curve
- 7-Point Heli Tail Curve
- 6 Swash Plate Types
- Swash Plate Timing
- 5 Sailplane Wing Types
- 3 Sailplane Tail Types
- 10 Sailplane Flight Modes
- Global Charging System
# of Channels: 18
Servos: none included
Receiver: Spektrum's AR9020
Programming Features: Airplane/Helicopter/Sailplane
Model Memory: 50
Modes: User Selectable Mode 1-4
Transmitter (Tx) Battery Type: 2600mAh (19.24Wh) - 2S LiPo
Experience Level: Advanced
This product was added to our catalog on June 5, 2012.