- My Shopping Cart
- Total: $0.00
Serpent 811-Be RTR 1/8 Off-Road Electric Buggy w/2.4GHz Radio, Motor & ESC
This is the Serpent 811-Be RTR 1/8 Off Road Electric Buggy. This buggy is the sport RTR version of the highly successful high end competition Serpent 1/8 Cobra 811 E-Buggy. This buggy comes complete with a DragonRC 2.4GHz Radio System, metal gear steering servo, brushless motor, waterproof electronic speed control, painted and trimmed body, premounted off-road tires, three gear differentials, 16mm big bore shocks, aluminum shock towers and chassis, easy radiobox, side guards, low battery boxes and a rear wing. The car is also fully upgradable to parts and options from the S811-e pro kit. This super durable buggy chassis provides the perfect platform to get into the 1/8 e-buggy class without breaking the bank.In-Depth Features:
- Transmitter and Receiver: The DragonRC pistol type transmitter comes with a nice large LCD screen, which makes is easy to select through the easy menuís. The small and light receiver is fitted inside the radio box of the car.
- Speed-Controller: The electronic speed controller is a fully Waterproof 120A unit from DragonRC with a small footprint which fits the Cobra like a glove. The modern design is very small and attractive looking. Top quality soft silicone covered cables are used throughout.
- Brushless Motor: The DragonRC brushless sensorless motor is a strong 1850kV unit which gives lots of torque and amazing top speed, and is anodized in the same bronze color as the other aluminum parts of the car.
- Chassis: The chassis plate in 3mm 7075-T6 aluminum with a front kick-up angle for stable landings. Countersunk holes and slots to locate the front and rear suspension mounts precisely. Angled sides increase stiffness.
- Bumper: Aligned with chassis kick-up for precise landings and to protect front suspension holder and anti-roll bar.
- Chassis Stiffeners: Composite stiffener front and rear, to give extra stiffness, but still allow some flex as needed.
- Central Radio/Servo Mount: Composite compact radio box which offers good space for the steering servo and the receiver.
- Battery-Cases/Side-Guards: The main eye catchers are the extremely low lay down longitudinal placed battery-packs at each side of the car, being part of the side-guards, securely fastened with a flip top-lids, for easy and fast battery changes. This puts the weight low in the car, in the right position and well balanced. The LiPo holders comply with ROAR legal packs / dimensions.
- Motor Mount: The motor is placed in the most optimal position in the car, keeping motor-forces and transmission parts / alignment in mind. Only one-screw is needed to secure the BL motor, in the nicely designed durable machined aluminum motor mount. Space for additional motor-cooling is available as needed. The space for the motor allows a maximum motor-length of 70mm, which covers most widely used motors ( except for truggy / monster truck motors).
- Steering Block Assembly: Composite steering blocks combined with 10į C-hubs for precise steering. Spring steel wheel-axles with large size bearings and larger inner bearings feature precision threaded aluminum wheel-hubs with an offset. Flanged and serrated wheel nuts guarantee that you will not lose a wheel nut in a race.
- Front Suspension: Durable oversized lower suspension arms in strong composite nylon. On the lower side the special shaped downstops screws are mounted. The lower shock-mounting pins are secured with a small grub screw from the bottom.
- Front Anti-Roll Bar: The ballraced front anti-roll bar system, consist of a spring steel bend wire, which is guided through the diff-cases and runs in ballraced steel adaptors. The wire is linked to the lower suspension arm, with a captured adjustable threaded pivot ball, for very precise and low friction operation and easy tuning.
- Front Shock Tower and Body Mounts Front: 4.0mm thick aluminum anodized shock tower with 2 upper positioning holes for the shocks and 3 holes for roll-center positions. 1 centrally located adjustable body mount, and 2 forward mounted adjustable body mounts.
- Angled Steering System/Servo Saver: The bell cranks are angled to reduce the angle of difference between the total caster and steering plane. Therefore you will have less bump steer and a truer steering Ackerman through the entire range of suspension
- Ackermann Plate: With the design of the steering bell cranks when changing the Ackermann you will not need to adjust your steering tie rods. You simply will only need to adjust your end points on your radio.
- Rear Suspension Arms: Durable longer oversized lower suspension arms in strong composite nylon. On the lower side the special downstops screws are mounted. The lower shock-mounting pins are secured with a small grub screw from the bottom.
- Mud-Guards: Optional are the composite mud guards, which can mount to the lower suspension arms, and will keep dirt away from your anti-roll bars transmission and wheels.
- Rear Uprights Assembly: Composite uprights with 3 upper roll-center positions. Strong steel track-rods with L/R threading and strong ball joints pre-set the camber angle. Hard steel wheel-axles with large size bearings and larger inner bearings with precision threaded aluminum wheel-hubs with offset. Flanged and serrated wheel nuts guarantee that you will not lose a wheel nut in a race.
- Rear Anti-Roll Bar: The ballraced front anti-roll bar system, consist of a spring steel bend wire, which is guided through the rear wing mount and runs in ballraced steel adaptors. The wire is linked to the lower suspension arm, with a captured adjustable threaded pivot ball, for very precise and low friction operation.
- Rear Shock Tower: 4.5mm thick aluminum shock tower, integrated into the rear section for extra stiffness, with 2 upper positioning holes for the shocks and 3 holes for roll-center positions.
- Rear Wing Mount and Body Mounts: The composite rear low aero wing features strong nylon mounts, with angle adjustment and a central rear body mount.
- Captured Pivot Pins, Balls and Bolted Hinge Pins: All spring-steel hinge pins are either captured or bolted in place and made in spring-steel quality. This relieves stress on the hinge pin when adjusting the kick up, or anti squat. Your pin is free to rotate to any angle without binding.
- 16mm Big Bore RCM Shock Absorbers: Anodized aluminum shock bodies with durable 4mm shock-rods. Pre-load adjuster clips for ride height setting. Shocks use large diameter membranes and large diameter o-rings and bushings to create a super smooth and leak-proof package. Large diameter pistons are held in place by a nut on the polished shock-rods tops. Open type spring retainer let dirt out easy.
- RCM Shock Springs: Color coded progressive shock springs are supplied for the 1st standard set-up and all springs are grinded flat top and bottom, and checked individually for tension and length and are matched.
- Compact Gear Differentials: The compact gear differentials feature smooth metal sintered gears and steel shafts. The perfect sealing case features a special gasket and o-rings. The light and durable outdrive cups are made from spring-steel. Hardened spring-steel 13T diff-coupler with connector features 2 oversized bearings. The Cobra-E uses a 13T / 44T combo gearing with a 46T central diff gear. This drive ratio will provide amazing acceleration combined with the low vehicle weight.
- Front and Rear Drive: The front has captured driveshafts using a CVD system. The rear has durable black steel driveshafts with hard steel pins.
- Hard Black Steel Transmission Parts: The front and rear strong hard black steel shafts connect to the differentials.
- Body: The Serpent super low Cobra E buggy body is fully pre-painted in a very attractive design and pre-cut too. The very low body has excellent handling, also superb in jumps.
- Rear Wing: The strong white aero rear wing is included for great downforce and straight line stability.
- Tires/Wheels: The Cobra is fitted with pre-mounted DragonRC buggy racing tires. The tires are glued on durable but flexible DragonRC race-wheels with molded cell-foam inserts; a super-package for excellent grip on the most common surfaces.
- Oils and Grease: Top-quality silicone shock-oil, silicone differential oil and grease are used to meet the standard set-up.
- Manual and Set-Up: Full color user manual with easy to follow steps, exploded views for easy spares ordering. A separate manual for the transmitter and the speed controller is also included.
- Decals: Black and white promo body-decals; Serpent generic and Cobra ones.
- Packing: The RTR kit is packed in a colorful large strong packing box with protection for car and transmitter.
Weight: 3,500 grams (race ready)
Geardiff: 3 compact gear differentials
Shocks: 16mm big bore
- DragonRC 2.4GHz Transmitter & Receiver
- DragonRC 120A Waterproof ESC
- DragonRC 1850kV Brushless, Sensorless Motor
- DragonRC Mounted Race Tires
- Serpent Painted & Trimmed E-Cobra Body
- Metal Gear Steering Servo
Needed To Complete:
- (4) "AA" Batteries (for transmitter)
- (2) 7.4V 2S LiPo Battery Packs (3800mAh or more)
- (1) Compatible Battery Charger
This product was added to our catalog on June 7, 2013.
Super Saver Shipping!