- My Shopping Cart
- Total: $0.00
Serpent S120 LTX 1/12 Pan Car Kit
This is the Serpent S120 LTX 1/12 Pan Car Kit. The S120 LTX is a high performance 1/12 scale pan chassis, with a plethora of precision machined carbon fiber and aluminum parts. A fully adjustable front end creates loads of steering and a spring loaded Link system, in combination with diagonal positioned main shock and tube-system, controls the roll of the car. The well balanced Lipo chassis offers a large selection of set-up features and options to dial the car in at any track. Plus, the 2012 version has the main pivot point moved 8mm to the front and has a 2mm chassis (instead of the previous 2.5mm) and 2mm pod plate for a lower center of gravity. All other carbon parts moved along with this change.
The front end of the car is completely adjustable and utilizes the now standard fixed lower suspension arms combined with active top wishbones, which together with kingpin mounted springs ensure that the car is able to corner at high speeds and soak up any small bumps found on the racing surface.
- Development: Serpent pan-cars are developed by Michael Salven in close cooperation with Serpent team-drivers. The 1/12 team is expanded with Marc Fischer from Germany, who will also assist to test and develop the S120 platform even further, and same with top-driver Chris Kerswell from the UK.
- S120 Front End: The front end of the car features 11 different adjustments to help you get the most from your car, all of which are easy to adjust and measure. Fixed lower suspension arms are themselves damped by the central strut which uses rubber o-rings to take up the flex in this area, while the grey anodized 6° aluminum front upper wishbone mounts are included as standard, and optional caster angles are available separately to tune the chassis. Ride height spacers are available in 0.5mm and 1mm. With the steering block king pins spring loaded, the cornering forces are channeled through the upper wishbone, which enable the car to corner at high speeds.
- Tube System: The S120-LTX uses tubes to control the roll of the car. This system plays a big part in how the car turns into a corner and can be adjusted through the use of different oils, 15,000 for normal grip and 20,000 for high grip tracks.
- Central Section: The spring loaded side-bars, the links, are made of composite nylon and control the roll of the chassis, together with the tubes and the main central shock. Precision made springs and pivot balls. The central section is a combination of elements to control the movements of the rear end perfectly. These elements interact to create the best possible handling (roll, bump and alignment) under all grip-conditions.
- A central main shock, based on the famous Serpent RCCX technology; the shock tower enables various angles.
- The anodized aluminum tubes on both sides
- 2 spring loaded shaped side bars
- Body Post: For securely mounting the body shell to your S120 LTX, the car has strong plastic body posts front and rear. All 4 posts are supplied with orange anodized adjustable collars to precisely adjust the body's height and the posts are supplied extra long to allow the user to cut them to their own preferred length. The front body posts have also been designed to help protect the front of the carbon chassis from splitting in the event of a heavy front impact.
- Servo Saver: The S120 Link comes supplied with a high quality miniature servo saver, which through the use of orange anodized shims, has adjustable Ackerman. The kit includes 2 aluminum servo posts, which enable a perfectly centered mounting of any popular brand servo. The small foam bumper is also included.
- Rear Axle Mounts: The lightweight graphite rear axle is mounted on bearings that sit within eccentric composite inserts that allows the user to quickly and easily change the rear ride height of the car simply by changing between inserts. The kit comes supplied with all 9 inserts which range between 0 and 4mm, each differing by 0.5mm and all are reversible for an even wider range of adjustment.
- Rear Ball Differential: The S120 LTX comes supplied with a durable and high performance ball differential. Easily adjusted by a plastic nut, accessible through the right rear wheel, the diff uses high quality steel balls and plates and is supplied with both silicone and graphite grease for use during assembly and maintenance. The rear diff features hardened D-plates and light aluminum shaft assembly for super smooth diff action.
- Central Shock Absorber: To aid rear traction under acceleration and to absorb bumps, the S120 LTX sports a centrally mounted shock absorber. Supplied with a soft spring, the pre load of which can be adjusted. The front mount of this shock absorber is used for adjusting the rear down stop and range of movement between the chassis and motor pod. The central shock is mounted on a shock-tower with a number of positions to choose from.
- Chassis & Rear Motor Pod: The strong basis is formed by the 2.0mm thick carbon fiber chassis plate designed so that the LiPo is mounted in lateral direction, and can be mounted either on the left or right side, and enough space for all the valuable electronics. The aluminum / carbon motorpod is a beautiful combination of high quality machined aluminum brackets and top quality carbon fiber parts, bolted together to create an ultra stiff rear pod. The motor-bracket allows the brushless motor to be mounted in the optimal position for car balance and offers good heat dissipation as well.
- Packaging & Manual: The S120 LTX kit is sold in a very compact matte black box and which can fit the built S120 (minus wheels). To allow you to build your car with the greatest of ease, Serpent supplies a full color instruction manual and integrated reference guide section that contains all the exploded views and latest options. The S120-LTX also comes supplied with a pair of decal sheets in black, white, orange.
Class: 1/12th scale
Purpose: Competition pan car
Chassis: 2.0mm carbon fiber, Lipo
Rear Axle: Aluminum shaft with ball differential
Drive System: 2wd direct drive to rear axle
Shock Absorbers: Central oil filled shock absorber and tubes
Wheel Base: 195.5mm +/- 0.5mm
Track-Width Front: 163mm +/- 3mm
Track-Width Rear: 170.6mm
Needed to Complete:
- 3 Channel Radio System w/High Speed Steering Servo
- 1/12 Pan Car Tires & Wheels
- Motor & ESC
- 4 Cell NiMH, or 1S LiPo Battery & Compatible Charger
- 1/12 Pan Car Body & Polycarbonate Paint
This product was added to our catalog on December 7, 2012.
Customers that bought this also purchased...
Super Saver Shipping!