- My Shopping Cart
- Total: $0.00
Team Losi Racing 8IGHT 3.0 1/8 4WD Competition Buggy Kit
This is the Team Losi Racing 8IGHT 3.0 1/8 Scale 4WD Competition Nitro Buggy Kit. Since well before the IFMAR World Championships in 2008, Team Losi Racing devoted themselves to 1/8 scale off-road racing resulting in creating one of the most successful 1/8 scale racing platforms ever seen. The original 8IGHT made its first World’s debut in North Carolina in 2008 as top qualifier and taking the #2 spot on the podium. Ever since then the 8IGHT platform has been winning championship titles and races around the world.
The 8IGHT 3.0 has been in development for over a year now. TLR has once again become focused on 1/8 scale off-road racing and the 8IGHT 3.0 will once again return the 8IGHT platform to the podium. The 8IGHT 3.0 was used to TQ and win the 2012 European Championship by UK Team Losi Racing driver Darren Bloomfield. It is time for the next step.
The tradition of winning and dedication to superior engineering continues with the next generation of RC racing’s innovative buggy. Building upon the heritage of the 8IGHT buggy, the 8IGHT 3.0 elevates perfection and is poised to dominate the track. Guided by some of racing’s top drivers worldwide, the 8IGHT 3.0 buggy was designed to be the superior choice in 1/8 scale off-road buggy racing and a true contender for the world stage.
- Improved Suspension Geometry: Refined and optimized suspension geometry for improved wheel clearance. Redesigned front spindles and spindle carriers provide decreased dogbone plunge into the outdrive, which provides more consistent handling on all track surfaces. The spindle carriers now have 15 degrees of caster and offer better bump handling and smoother steering response. Front and rear shock towers have simplified camber locations for quick and easy tuning.
- Large-Bore 16mm Shocks with Tapered Springs: Larger shocks provide easier tuning regardless of temperature changes. Machine pistons are included for greater precision and increased performance. Tapered shock springs allow for greater clearance between the suspension arm and the shock cup, greatly decreasing the chances of the spring cups from popping off under extreme impacts.
- 8IGHT 3.0 Body & Wing: The updated body accommodates the revised chassis layout in addition to increased performance. The rear wing features larger side plates and improved air flow for greater downforce. Two included wickerbills accommodate various track conditions for increased downforce. Also included are two sets of wing spacers that move the wing further back on the car for more aerodynamic tuning.
- Center Dogbone Drive System: Front and rear-center dogbones eliminate the friction of a CV coupler and reduce the bind caused after the front center CV coupler wears.
- Optional Parts Included: Many optional parts are included with the 8IGHT 3.0, including lightweight outdrives, lightweight 48T spur gear, adjustable hinge pin braces and aluminum rear bearing inserts.
- Gen III Radio Tray: Gen III radio tray provides improved weight distribution of vehicle and greatly enhances servo life.
- Ball bearing steering provides precise throttle feel
- Molded index points improve accuracy with linkage alignment
- Switch relocation improves On/Off switch access
- Metal J-Nut secures battery box and increases radio tray life during chassis flex
- Improved suspension geometry
- Gen III radio tray
- 16mm shocks and tapered springs
- Adjustable aluminum front and rear pivots with inserts
- Front and rear center dogbone
- Brake caliper springs
- Improved droop screw system
- Race performance wickerbill system
- Aluminum bearing inserts
- Race-inspired dome wheels (2 sets)
- Lightweight outdrives
- Multiple sway bars included
- Heavy-duty 5mm turnbuckles
- Improved titanium carbo-nitride shock shaft and hinge pin coating
- Metal servo inserts
Length: 19.6 in (497mm)
Width: 12.1 in (308mm)
Height: 7.1 in (180mm)
Ground Clearance: 2.4 in (60mm)
Wheelbase: 12.7 in - 12.9 in (323-327mm)
Weight: Varies on equipment used
Chassis: 4mm, 7075 T-6 Aluminum, Hard Anodized
Wheel Size: 3.3 in (83.5mm)
Body: 8IGHT 3.0, Unpainted
Fuel Tank Capacity: 125cc
Needed To Complete:
- .21 Size Nitro Engine
- Tuned Exhaust System
- 2-Channel Radio System
- Steering & Throttle Servo
- Receiver Battery Pack and Charger
- Starter Box
- Glow Igniter
- Nitro Fuel
- Fuel Bottle/Fuel Gun
- Polycarbonate Paint
- 1/8 Scale Off-Road Buggy Tires & Inserts
This product was added to our catalog on April 10, 2013.
Customers that bought this also purchased...
Super Saver Shipping!